SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by hray:
I'm Stoked! I have been waiting for Doxa to release a new Divingstar and they did. Just pre ordered this!

http://www.doxawatches.com/SUB...oseidon-Edition.html

Can't wait! Hray

Wow, what a beautiful retro style watch! I REALLY like it!

Turtle shell case, beads of rice bracelet, man that's just beautiful!

What he said. That's gorgeous. Well out of my price range, but gorgeous.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, one more recent purchase to make you Omega and Rolex owners jealous. Ha ha. Smile

This is a Hamilton Khaki King II with an H40 movement - a Powermatic 80 which is a Hamilton mod to an ETA movement. It’s a 40mm diameter watch. I really like the Hamilton’s for an under $500 Swiss Made auto.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Got a BluShark seatbelt NATO in black and tan with PVD black hardware for Darth Ninja. Fantastic strap, the most comfortable I've ever worn.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Monster time. New JDM monster with 6R15 movement. There is also a jade colored dial model that is currently sold out. I couldn’t resist.

Image deleted

Very nice — congrats. I’m a Monster fan as well...I wear my 1st Gen. Orange Monster more than any other watch. I also have the SRP637, or the Tuna Monster. I didn’t really like the 2nd Gen. “shark” Monsters, but this new 3rd Gen. really caught my eye, with its 1st Gen. indices, great movement, and, yes, even the cyclops. Price increase scared me off initially, but I still mull over grabbing one.

For the longest time I thought these watches were the ugliest dive watches Seiko makes. But after watching some YouTube reviews they have grown on me. I almost cancelled my order this morning but decided to at least give it a try. My fingers are crossed.

The Monster styling does seem to engender divisive opinions. It was my first "nice" watch, so I suppose that's one reason I have a soft spot for them and their distinctive look. Now many years and watches later, what I now prefer in my watches (and for prospective new ones) is something a bit more subdued, but I still love my 1st Gen Monster, and would love to have a Gen. 3 someday. But, yeah, the Gen. 2 was too much for even me (though I gave some (albeit passing) thought to the "Dracula Monster," the one w/ the black background and red outlined indices and hands, as it certainly fit the fanged indices of the Gen. 2.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hamilton Khaki King II with an H40 movement

Nice! Love my Khaki King. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
The Hamiltons are BEAUTIFUL timepieces!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
After tense negotiating and sneaking away, I snagged the Seamaster from Marzy.

So I had a gold filled JB Champion rice bracelet laying around and it's correct time period.
So on the Seamonster it goes! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ScreamingCockatoo,

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
That cleaned up nicely. Congrats!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The gold Seamaster is lovely.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I had to pay for that Aqua Terra.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theblaze
posted Hide Post
I got this in 2005 when I was an Air Force Major on Flight Pay. I was an IP at the U-2 School House (1st Reconnaissance Squadron) at the time. It is a U-2 50th Anniversary Breitling B1. The squadron did a group buy of them on the 50th anniversary of the U-2's first flight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: theblaze,

Posts: 81 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Hamilton Khaki King II with an H40 movement

Nice! Love my Khaki King. Cool

Ditto. Love mine too! Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theblaze:
I got this in 2005 when I was an Air Force Major on Flight Pay. I was an IP at the U-2 School House (1st Reconnaissance Squadron) at the time. It is a U-2 50th Anniversary Breitling B1. The squadron did a group buy of them on the 50th anniversary of the U-2's first flight.

Very Nice!! Breitling is pretty good about doing commemorative dials for aviation associated groups.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Got a BluShark seatbelt NATO in black and tan with PVD black hardware for Darth Ninja. Fantastic strap, the most comfortable I've ever worn.

Blu Shark are probably the premier NATO straps on the web. Just ordered three more for the spring.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Blu Shark are probably the premier NATO straps on the web. Just ordered three more for the spring.

Yeah they make great straps. I have five of them, two are the older standard nylon and I got three of the luxury seatbelts. Good stuff. I'd order more but they don't have any other colours I want.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
This post needs some more sweet pics!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My next watch is going to be a datejust.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
If you own a Rolex, I hope you never see the guts. Pretty disappointing. Some are truly nice and well decorated, some are not! Lot of money for that movement.

RMD

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
They are beautiful to me on the outside, and hopefully built like a tank on the inside. No clear back to see through. I’m happy.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping this new Triton diver by Orient, will soon be released to the domestic marketplace.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post