SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Ball makes some attractive watches, but I just CANNOT get past that stupid crown locking system they insist on placing on some of their watches.

RMD

I also don't like that the tritium tubes will need to be replaced in just ten or fifteen years.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Ball makes some attractive watches, but I just CANNOT get past that stupid crown locking system they insist on placing on some of their watches.

RMD

I also don't like that the tritium tubes will need to be replaced in just ten or fifteen years.

But during the 10-15 years, you wonder how you ever lived without tritium tubes. Big Grin

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got it for $600 shipped. In 10-15 years, I won't care if the tubes are dead. Sig ships NEW pistols that cost twice that with dead tubes.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I can get the Ball for $600 and the Longines for just around $700.

At $600, you're fine. Hell, how much can ya lose!? haha

I should have said I play in the higher end, and LOWER end. Because I buy lots of sub-$500 for fun knowing I can't lose much. At $600, you'd have a great watch.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I paid around $600 for the Zody and gave it to SC. He traded it to where I purchased it from for the upgraded model he posted up. I bought it because it was a copy of the original, he wanted the better bracelet, compressor hands and ceramic bezel.

Each to their own.

The Zody is a FANTASTIC watch.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
What's a "ZODY"?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Zodiac

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Did somebody say Zodiak? One of my few remaining vintage ---

The Zodiac Kingline, officially certified chronometer. This watch has the 36,000 beats per hour Zodiac caliber 88 movement that came from the factory with a time keeping ability well above COSC standards for a chronometer. The seven (7) adjustment to position, caliber 88 movement was guaranteed by Zodiac to keep time within one minute a month. This timekeeping ability was roughly 2.5 times greater than the requirements of a COSC certified chronometer. Not bad for a watch of gears and springs!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Zodiac

Roger.

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Ball came in today!

This watch is SUPER nice. Signed crown, bracelet, dial and second hand.

Has the ETA 2824-2 that is in many other more expensive Swiss watches. Heck most of the Swiss watch manufacturers that do not have in-house movements use it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That Ball looks awesome!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here's the lume.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
That's very nice! Congrats.

RMD

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
What's the consensus on Hamilton? A decent bang-for-the-buck?

After getting my first chronograph a while back, a Bulova Lunar Pilot, I'm ready to add a second chronograph, one that's a bit more mainstream than the retro'ish Bulova, and would like a mid-range, value-minded automatic Swiss. I've looked at Oris, Hamilton, Alpina (already have two Alpinas), and the other usual suspects, and I keep coming back to Hamilton's Jazzmaster chronograph. I like the balance of the dial and the display back, I like the wedge-like chronograph buttons on the side, I like the vibe of the brand. Apparently it doesn't come with much (any?) reflective coating, which is a mark against them, but I suppose there's some purpose behind that that that I'm not aware of.

This one's calling my name lately, and not sure if I should keep listening or not...

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like that Hamilton, too. Kind of retro-modern.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This Hamilton is in my want list.

https://www.jomashop.com/hamil...watch-h82305131.html

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
This Hamilton is in my want list.

https://www.jomashop.com/hamil...watch-h82305131.html

Why did I click that link? That is a sweet looking Hamilton. I really like the orange accents and that 80 hour movement is really interesting. I've been wearing my 40mm watches a lot lately too...

This thread is going to cost me money like the Billy Bob's.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
What's the consensus on Hamilton? A decent bang-for-the-buck?

Gah! Will you guys stop mentioning the Lunar Pilot?! I've had to talk myself out of buying it three times now!
And then Mars comes along and posts a link to that Khaki Navy Scuba. Dangit, fellas!

That said, I do love my Hamilton Khaki King Automatic.
And I wouldn't complain if someone handed me a Navy Pioneer.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snailfan:
Old watch, new strap: My favorite custom EDC belt/ kydex holster maker has started making velcro/nylon watch straps.

Where can I find a watch strap similar to this velcro one piece strap? A couple of posts down (page 52) Snailfan said it was from Black Center Tactical but I do not see it on there anymore.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
^^ That's very nice.

RMD