SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ A real conversation piece!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like that Russian watch! Some of the communist era Russian watches are very cool, even though they aren't the quality of a Western watch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Wow, I quite like that Black Bay!
What are those going to run?

Anyone see the limited edition Valtteri Bottas Oris? I'm on my phone & can't link it right now, but I really like how it looks. It's a 44mm, so again don't know if it would be too big for my wrist.

Found a couple images of it: Sounds like it has a full carbon fiber case

No idea what MSRP is on it, but something in me wants one.

MSRP is around $4,500 USD...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:

MSRP is around $4,500 USD...

Saw that today in an article. Out of my budget unfortunately.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latest addition..... Smile

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Latest addition..... Smile

Very nice addition.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
A couple classics to get you through that dark night

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Is 40mm considered big, to you all?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

No, just right for my sweet spot, though my wrist measures 7-3/4" My Yachtmaster is just right.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:

No, just right for my sweet spot, though my wrist measures 7-3/4" My Yachtmaster is just right.

Have to agree, unless you have a wrist that's on the very skinny side, 40 is just about right. It has presence but it's not overwhelming. Also, what I find most important when looking at watch size is the lug to lug length. Worst thing is to have the lugs hanging past your wrist.

My Ball Skindiver at 40mm and ~48mm lug to lug on my 6 3/4" wrist. The picture angle make the watch look bigger than it really is.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
40-42 is my sweet spot. 7-7/8" wrist. I can wear bigger but I just don't like the look.

Love that Spring Drive above! I wouldn't mind having one of those in my collection.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:

Depends on you, I like 42mm minimum the PO above is ~45mm

I had a sub and it was IMHO was a bit small for me

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Nixon large player, matte black. W German P226.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not according to modern fashion trends. Of course, it all boils down to the eye of the beholder, and some designs wear bigger than others. I think lighter-faced watches appear larger, as do watches with smaller bezels. Watches with large lugs will also wear larger than they truly are.

But, that said, I think most any man can wear 40-42mm without an issue.

I would stay with smaller diameter watches if you want a more formal look, though.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about some German (Glashutte Original) on German (W. German 225) action...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: brminpin,

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That Seiko High-beat is very nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Here's something you don't see everyday. The Russian watch above reminded me of a gift from my wife's cousin she bought for me in the Ukraine.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
I would stay with smaller diameter watches if you want a more formal look, though.

I thought going smaller than my 40mm Yachtmaster would work for me so I picked up a 31.8mm Cellini and it looks like a B-B on a basketball, so I'll move it in the future. It was a nice looking dress watch though.

Regards, Will G.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I thought going smaller than my 40mm Yachtmaster would work for me so I picked up a 31.8mm Cellini and it looks like a B-B on a basketball, so I'll move it in the future. It was a nice looking dress watch though.

Still, it would look right at a black-tie event. And, generally, I think Cellinis are under appreciated. I think yours is quite elegant. Manual or automatic?

For a men's watch, you can't fail with 36mm.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Still, it would look right at a black-tie event. And, generally, I think Cellinis are under appreciated. I think yours is quite elegant. Manual or automatic?

For a men's watch, you can't fail with 36mm.

BRAND NAME: ROLEX REF.4112

CONDITION: PRE-OWNED

MOVEMENT TYPE: MANUAL WINDING

CASE MATERIAL: 18K SOLID YELLOW GOLD

BAND MATERIAL: NEW GENUINE LEATHER & ORDER-MADE 18K GOLD BUCKLE

CASE DIAMETER EXCLUDING CROWN: about 32mm

I copied the description from another auction

Regards, Will G.