SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Thanks RMD!

Marlin Fan -- Here's a better lit photo. Forgive the melted snow drops on the crystal.

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
In case you're wondering where to keep all these watches, just got a promo from Casoro safes. That's a heck of a "winder".

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12394 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
HA! I'll be handwinding for a while at that price!

Cool though for the millionaire with lots of expensive watches.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
r0gue - very nice watch, a real classic. That is very nice.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'd like to find the metal bracelet for my Hamilton... much better priced than retail, that is. Are there good (reputable) sources to be recommended? The Hamilton number is H605.644.104, and I just can't bring myself to part with $180 for it. Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Search Strapcode or Militat. Don't know if they make anything for Hamilton, but their bracelets are good quality.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Tag Heuer makes some nice clean chronos. That is one of them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
yeah I've been thinking about a chronograph for awhile now, too. like the look and price of the tissot quickster in blue. quartz movement goes for around $250.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10484 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked her up from FedEx yesterday. Smile

Grand Seiko SBGJ021.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:

Grand Seiko SBGJ021.

Nice.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:

Grand Seiko SBGJ021.

That is really lovely. Hi-beat, a GMT, and the dark red with the gold GMT hand - what is not to like?

Do you have a photo of the back?

How accurate is it running for you? It should be excellent.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't really timed it yet. Here's the rotor pic.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Both the Tissot and the GS are beautiful. Good taste on this forum!

RMD

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My wife bought this for me about three years ago.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
What's the consensus on Orient watches? If I'm correct, a brief bit of research indicates they're owned by Seiko, have Japanese movements, and are of decent value for the money.

I'd like to add a blue dial watch to my very modest collection, and this one in particular has caught my eye...a King Master:

Also looking at this one, though progressively less so than the King Master...less classic and retro than the above, a more modern, rugged look:

Usually I default to Seiko (love my Orange Monster and Sarb 017 Alpinist, and plan to pick up a SARB 033 in the next year or two), but for the blue dial watch I thought I'd try something different and Orient's watches continue to catch my eye when I browse on-line.

Well, I pulled the trigger on the blue Orient King Master (and a Seiko SARB033)...but ended up sending the King Master back. Sometimes it's hard to tell from pictures on the Internet what a watch will look like on one's own wrist...and this one just looked BIG. The lack of a true outside bezel gave it an oversized appearance...and while I had known it would have that to a degree, it looked a bit exaggerated in an unsightly way...I think one would have to be a fairly big guy to carry this one off, and my medium build wasn't up to the task. It's also far busier a dial in person than it appears on screen and all of it is somewhat flat and one-dimensional...so that flat busy-ness combined with an exaggerated visual size...it just wasn't the watch I had envisioned nor the style of watch I prefer.

So as soon as the refund hits my account, I'm likely going to pick up this blue-dial Swiss Tissot:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: at-home-daddy,

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This thread's a lot of fun. Love the GS! Sweet color.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Trying out a new Rubber B band on the Rolex. I like it so far.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying out a new Rubber B band on the Rolex. I like it so far.

I put a Rubber B band on the last Submariner that I had, really liked it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
In keeping with the classic and miminalist thread, take a look at these:

https://www.mvmtwatches.com/co...ite-caramel-leather#

RMD

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
In keeping with the classic and miminalist thread, take a look at these:
RMD

45mm! EEEEEEYuuuuuuuJe!