SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Hey, BrianO, will you email me please?

I'll see if I can figure out how. (I'm not real computer savvy.) Stand by...

Email sent.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Another work in progress. Still a couple of issues to resolve and then clean-up.

Call it DOXA-san, AXOD, or SEIXA.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I like it!
I thought about doing an orange doxa homage.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I am having issues with the bezel from One Second Closer. I cannot get it to rotate.

Just a word of caution if you go that route.

I actually like the turtle case better than the DOXA cases. More minimalist I suppose. The DOXA cases always looked strange on my wrist to me.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, have you tried the different sized rubber gaskets that Seikostain sends with his bezels? I have a couple of his bezels and they work well, but then again these are on SKX's and a Vostok. Haven't tried a turtle mod yet.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Not yet. I have to get the bezel off now. Possibly a battle on my hands.

RMD

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I ordered this Sunday.
I'll post more pics when it gets here.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
^^ Invicta? If so, glad its not one of their GCCW (giant clown comedy watches). They make some good watches outside of those.

RMD

Shaman
posted Hide Post
Yep. Their version of the BOM.
Miyota movement.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Just ordered this Oris Aquis blue dial on blue rubber. Found it on Overstock with an available coupon for much less than I've seen it anywhere else. Here it is next to my Luminox 4221 which is usually my daily watch. The Luminox is 45mm and the Aquis is 43.5mm. Haven't take then protective wrap off of the lugs and clasp yet as I want to make sure I really like this watch.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
OK here it is. Invicta's Big Orange Monster.
It's a 2006 model. They're bringing $200+ now.
The instant I saw it hit, I paid the $65 he wanted for it.
I didn't get another a few weeks ago but it has a leather strap and a black bezel.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nice Oris!

RMD

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
SC: looks great!

RMD

Shaman
posted Hide Post
My photos don't do it justice.
It's actually cleaner and the crystal is not scratched up.
Best of all it's not jumbo clown quartz sized.

I want the Orient Manta Diver with the orange dial now!

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
I started a post in the lounge but it should've gone here. My new Doxa Poseidon #17/500 came in

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1139 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Seems just about everybody got a FedEx shipment today. Other watch fora are full of this watch. The yellow is stunning! Congrats!

RMD

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post

Shaman
posted Hide Post
I LOVE those beads of rice bracelets!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I LOVE those beads of rice bracelets!

https://www.uncleseiko.com/sto...ver_Accessories.html

RMD

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Just checked out Overstock.com. I think I've found a couple by Tissot I might get one day.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post