SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
(BTW, I'm not seeing a photo; just a Photobucket "Photo not found. CLICK for photos" image.)

Well, that's even weirder! Do you have trouble with other Photobucket postings or just this one? It shows up for me, of course.

FYI - Looks blocked to me too.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, guys! I reloaded it twice, so I'm guessing it's a new Photobucket problem since I never had issues before this one.

No sense in wasting space.

You'll have to take my word that it's a nice watch. Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a watch with 22mm lugs, go to my karma for a chance at an imitation Isofrane watch strap.

Watch strap karma

Cheers.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My $2 estate sale Seiko!
The bracelet had broke it's lug pin and I had a spare st home!
It was $4 but everything was 1/2 price!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Another Seiko!
The bracelet was missing a pin and it needed a battery.
But here it is, a 2005 7T62 Speedmaster.
It's HEAVY!

I gave $35 for it!

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Dude! Scoring heavily on the Seiko's!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Another Seiko!
The bracelet was missing a pin and it needed a battery.
But here it is, a 2005 7T62 Speedmaster.
It's HEAVY!

I gave $35 for it!

Interested in making a little profit? I've been looking for a good, inexpensive chronograph.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
This one is special, somewhat rare.
There's a whole collectors group dedicated to snatching up the "Speedmaster" types Seikos.

The Tach ring bezel is somewhat rare.

I have another on it's way I may part with.

Shaman
posted Hide Post
Somebody go get this so I don't have to!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182463117001

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My 1 Omega… now with 3 "looks"...
#1 - As I first got it:

#2 - Then I got the Spectre NATO band:

#3 – Now I have the silicone diver strap w/deployment buckle:

Current favorite, very comfortable + easy on & off

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Z06 - The silicone diver strap w/deployment buckle, where did you get that from? Would you mind telling me the price?

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Marlin Fan, I found it on Etsy under the search term:
Omega,20mm Rubber diver deployment strap for Seamaster, Planet Ocean.New

$42.77 + shipping from UK (about $10)

The NATO strap is the real deal Omega... $$$$!

The diver's strap is NOT OEM; as the only silicone straps were made in blue and only for the Planet Ocean Seamaster. The strap I bought required fitting effort as the spacing appears to also be for the P.O. model. The horns and the hole spacing for the spring bar appear to be slightly different.

BTW the REAL blue P.O. silicone strap has an MSRP of $395.00!

ETA: the deployment clasp on the Etsy strap is A1+!

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
7T62 Speedmaster.

LOVE my 7T62 Titanium! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
7T62 Speedmaster.

LOVE my 7T62 Titanium! Cool

PHOTOS! I want photos!

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've had this watch for over 20 years, and it has been just about everywhere I've been. I love it.

Crummy cell phone pic, but here it is:

This band is courtesy of David Truong. Thanks, Dave, for your generosity! My Seiko is back in service!

I managed to break the first link a couple of months ago, and I'm still peeved about it.

Same watch, with a [temporary] substitute bracelet attached, and the original bracelet alongside.

"Close, but no cigar" comes to mind with this replacement bracelet, mostly because I'm just picky.

I'm constantly on the lookout now for one like it with the original Seiko titanium bracelet, so I can get this one back to its original configuration.

----
Edited -- it's the first link that's broken, not the end piece.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
The end link has a number on it, you may be able to find a NOS part at

http://www.watchbands.com/Depa...Seiko-Endpieces.aspx

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, that's bloody awesome! Thank you for that, SC. I will look into that shortly.

God bless America.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I have misspoken. It's not the endpiece that's broken, but rather the first link -- the one that connects to the endpiece.

Thanks to SC's link, though, I've done some more surfing this morning.

I almost hit the jackpot! I've found the Seiko-original bracelet, but the "buy it" link is broken. Phooey!

God bless America.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You have seen this one before, but it is what I am wearing today. I should wear it more often. This one is Seiko's high accuracy quartz movement. The standard for these is +/-10 seconds a year, but I have monitored mine over extended periods and it does far better than that, at +/-5 seconds a year. That is extraordinary. A "normal" quartz will do 20 seconds a month. A very good mechanical watch will be 4 or 5 seconds a day.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post