SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What do you think? Cool or too much? I think it is both.

I think it looks fine. I'm generally not a gold person, but a gold turtle might just push me in that direction.

Is it bronze or just gold colored? Bronze is loved by some, but I really don't care for green smutz developing on my watch.

RMD

It isn't real gold. Seiko doesn't say, but most think it is a PVD coating of some kind. That is probably better than gold plated and more durable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

It isn't real gold. Seiko doesn't say, but most think it is a PVD coating of some kind. That is probably better than gold plated and more durable.

Well, yeah, I was pretty sure it wasn't gold. What's that vapor deposition that they use on AR bolt carriers that's gold in color, titanium nitride or something like that.

I'll bet that finish will wear very well if that's what they did.

All-in-all, a nice looking watch with a solid movement. What's not to like?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I surprised myself. I like it.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a Seiko Sumo ‘Hulk’ coming my way from Japan. I’ve always been tempted by the blue Sumo but seeing the green hulk did me in. I’ll post a pic after I receive it.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you think? Cool or too much? I think it is both.

I like the C3PO turtle.
I almost got one a while back, but ended up customizing a gold Seiko5 instead.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
All this talk of gold inspired me. Shot this today prepping for sale, but changed my mind. Posted a different watch instead (on a watch forum). Didn't want to waste the pic though. The tone and warmth was worth sharing.

The fire blued hands remind me of my old Pre-War Colt 1911A1. Enjoy!

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice, Rogue.

I ordered the gold Turtle. I found a price that was very low.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Congrats jhe. Rogue, I love blued hands. Real old school!

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Real old school!

1946 to be precise.

posted Hide Post
It’s gorgeous.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The gold Turtle, or C3PO, as some call it.

It is less overwhelmingly gold on the wrist than in Seiko's catalog photo. I like the black sunray dial, and the black silicone strap makes a nice contrast to the gold.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I like it!

Congrats.

RMD

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Looks almost bronze to my eye. Is it like that in actuality?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Looks almost bronze to my eye. Is it like that in actuality?

The color may be a little more bronze than bright yellow gold, but it isn't bronze like a bell.

I'm thinking a dark green/olive leather strap might look good. My only problem is my giant wrists. I need an XL or XXL strap.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
All this talk of gold inspired me. Shot this today prepping for sale, but changed my mind. Posted a different watch instead (on a watch forum). Didn't want to waste the pic though. The tone and warmth was worth sharing.

The fire blued hands remind me of my old Pre-War Colt 1911A1. Enjoy!

That is sharp! Bravo.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:

The color may be a little more bronze than bright yellow gold, but it isn't bronze like a bell.

I'm thinking a dark green/olive leather strap might look good. My only problem is my giant wrists. I need an XL or XXL strap.

I like a nice sailcloth strap on my gold seiko snzh

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Blancpain sailcloth is superb!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Shipping out tomorrow. My second failed attempt at the 39mm Explorer. Thought I didn't like the non-lumed numerals. Bought the new one when they fixed it. Now I realize I don't like the up-sized look.

If history is any judge, these will triple in price now in the next 48 months! laugh or cry, laugh or cry...? Can't decide.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I like it.