SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
That will look real nice with a beads of rice bracelet!

Check out Strapcode.com, see if they have anything that you'd like for a bracelet.

Get it serviced and a new crystal.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You can get a new crystal installed really easy in that.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Scooped up another Bronzer. This one is pretty big but I like it. Zoretto did a good job capturing the nautical feel though I probably would have milled slightly thinner lugs. 24mm is kinda huge on my smaller wrist.

Very cool watch. Overall I love it. Miyota 9015 movement & display case back on a pretty solidly built watch. The Zoretto Indy has just become one of my daily watches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
All these bronze and brass pieces call out to be matched with one of these although the 200m limit on most of these watches may be an issue. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love em man. I bought a brass watch brand new a few weeks ago and it already has a pretty cool patina forming. Bronze has a totally different appearance from brass but I love em both. They have WAAAY more character than stainless steel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The new Rado came in yesterday.

Its dimensions are nearly identical to my Omega Aqua Terra and has similar styling. I really like many of the watch makers are using retro features now, like sword hands and sunburst dials.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/A3JhQNOr9Q4

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow! Eek gorgeous watch Mars! It does have a super cool retro vibe going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The new Rado came in yesterday.

I like this trend here towards white faced minimalist dials. Smile

Picked up a black with middle orange stripe NATO strap for my SKX011J. Reflected in the updated "group" picture on page 204 October 29, 2019 02:13 PM post. Big Grin It also can be viewed here: https://imgur.com/NTwbnA0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I love your Sinn chronos!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
My Yema is running nicely. I reset it on Monday morning after the time change, and it is +4/5 seconds for the two intervening days. I have been wearing it during my waking hours since I got it. That is good timekeeping for an automatic.

I've worn it for most of the last 8 days, and it is running at +3.75 seconds per day for that interval. That includes taking it off at night, and I didn't wear it yesterday, so it is getting a variety of conditions.

That is within COSC (Swiss chronometer certifying group) for chronometers for the average daily rate, although that is only one of seven accuracy criteria. I haven't the interest to track the other criteria, but I am pleased with the watch. It isn't COSC certified.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Played around with a few 24mm straps I have and ended up replacing the nice Sirtoli black alligator one I had been using with the dark blue alligator strap that Glycine shipped with my blue dial Airman 46.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
A rather big day for me yesterday.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooh. That’s gorgeous.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Holy crap r0gue! That F.P.Journe Chronometre Souverain is beautiful but w-a-y beyond my financial constraints. You could buy a car for what they run. Yowser!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhh, lovely, Rogue. Those hands.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Wow, r0gue! Stunning!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Holy crap r0gue! That F.P.Journe Chronometre Souverain is beautiful but w-a-y beyond my financial constraints. You could buy a car for what they run. Yowser!

Half the guys I work with have fancy pickups worth three or more times this. Cars are a waste of money. My car is six years old. My wife's is 9. Priorities man! Smile

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Half the guys I work with have fancy pickups worth three or more times this. Cars are a waste of money. My car is six years old. My wife's is 9. Priorities man! Smile

Oh I don't disagree. 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2003 Honda S2000, 2003 Toyota 4Runner, and a 1999 Subaru Forester comprise the family's vehicles.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
My other recent pickup. Timex Q 1970's reissue. A really nice vintage re-edition. A killer value watch. A ton of nostalgic fun for the money. Ours is an odd an unpredictable hobby (obsession?). Confused Smile

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice score rOgue! That’s a great looking watch. While they are hardly fancy I had a Timex for well over a decade and it was a great watch. I lost it surfing amazing waves at VA Beach right before hurricane Isabel battered the hell out of us and gave me a 2 week vacation from college. Cool

In the days of wonderful “smart” targeted advertising I will admit I have seen ads for that watch more than a few times and I have been quite tempted to scoop one up. I mostly gravitate towards autos and that alone has kept me from getting one....thus far. It’s a great watch and amazing deal for the money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~