SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 46and2:
There are custom strap makers who hang out in the other watch nerd forums, who will make you one for most any watch. I had two made slightly oversize on purpose, for example, where - strictly speaking - the lugs were only 20mm apart, but I had them make mine as though it was 22mm wide but notched to fit, for a slightly wider/beefier profile. [Quote]

Could you snap off a pic of either of the beefier ones?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Well, this happened...

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Well, this happened...

How unfortunate for you..... Wink

That's a beauty!

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Well, this happened...

How unfortunate for you..... Wink

That's a beauty!

Thank you. I've been blessed this year and decided to get while the gettin' was good.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful watch.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Congrats, she's definitely a looker!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Talk about watches that will last forever - that's a tank!

Looks great.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
WOW! Never seen that one before.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UDDwaine
posted Hide Post
The Deep Sea is a great watch.

Posts: 424 | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Deep Blue, very nice.

NRA Life Member

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Did somebody mention "Blue Dial!" Eek

Regards, Will G.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Tell me what you think of this. I realize that it is likely to be polarizing, but I rather like it. Perhaps I miss being the center of attention or something.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Tell me what you think of this. I realize that it is likely to be polarizing, but I rather like it. Perhaps I miss being the center of attention or something.

RMD

I like the rugged utilitarian look of the that Steinhart. Almost reminds me of Muhle Glashutte's line of diver watches.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very nice, MikeGLI.

I like it, rduckwor. Orange is a favorite of mine, and I have always liked an engineer bracelet.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I received this in an email from Everest Bands and thought it was a nice looker!

Regards, Will G.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
@just1tym, sure (photos). I'll be home in a bit.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
@just1tym, sure (photos). I'll be home in a bit.

45and2, no sorry. Since I bought that leather band for the yachtmaster, Everest Bands has been emailing me these photos of Rolexes with their bands on them. I thought it was a nice looking piece so I posted the photo. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My Tag Carrera. I recently replaced the black leather band with a brown one to give the watch a new look.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ah. Cool.

Here they are, just the same...

Both watches are JLC/IWC British MoD/RAF Mk XI homages by Bill Yao that are called the Quad 10 (long sold out/unavailable, though recently they've offered a revised and slightly smaller version - the Hawkinge ). The Quad 10 has the ETA 2824 movement (automatic), and are a chunky 40mm, fwiw, which some purists (not me) didn't care for.

Both straps are made 2mm wider than the norm but notched for the 20mm lugs because I asked the maker to, with 22mm hardware as well for a chunky look, and they were custom made by someone over on Watchuseek (though I'd have to dig to remember who, exactly, as it was a few+ years ago now). Both the watches and the straps have seen significant wear, and I don't baby them at all even though they are my only watches beyond a Gshock.

They have slightly diferent dials and hands on two otherwise identical Quad 10s (I bought both used, separately, with no straps or bracelets at all), and now one has Brown Leather from some old Swiss Army ammo bag with a normal but chunky Buckle, and the other has new Black Leather with Grey stitching and a Butterfly Clasp. All told, I have ~$1800 in both, and with a black and brown one either will go with anything and everything I'd wear, and I may never buy another watch again - we'll see... My Gshock is for camping, sports, working on bikes or cars, and all that. These are for style:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos. Those look great. I much rather prefer the beefier bands myself. I do have a beefier band I purchased but, it wears thru the coloring die or tanning, where it meets the case. It may wear a spot because of the serial number is located there on the case. It wore a spot on both leather bands I purchased and thats what led me to the metal link Everest uses at the end of their bands. They look great on your watches, good choice.

Here's a pic of one of the beefier bands that soon wore a spot on the band where it met the case. It is the beefier of all the leather bands I bought, but may be slightly less thick than yours..

Regards, Will G.