SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'd whittled my collection to three watches. and now... Three inbound! Mother of pearl, somebody chain me away from the forums. Many pics to come!

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You've got it bad, Rogue.

I'm interested to see the new ones.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I'd whittled my collection to three watches. and now... Three inbound! Mother of pearl, somebody chain me away from the forums. Many pics to come!

Which ones did you sell? And yes, look forward to new pics.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
You folks are not helping my OCD with all things mechanical!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Which ones did you sell? And yes, look forward to new pics.

Sold all sorts of stuff. Here's what's left. Three in the core collection.

....Zenith El Primero Original 1969
........Braun Dieter Rams
............1946 Breitling Premier Ref. 782

Also in this photo is my dad's Elgin, and my grandfather's Girard-Perregaux.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Dat Zenith!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Dat Zenith!

Oh Yeah!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That Braun is one of those super inexpensive ones, isn't it? Sharp, regardless.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
That Braun is one of those super inexpensive ones, isn't it? Sharp, regardless.

Yeah, the Worn & Wound strap on it cost twice as much as that watch. The watch was something like $75/$80, The original strap was like a tire retread with razor sharp edges. Horrendous against the skin. Not worth free. I threw it in the trash and danced a jig at it's demise.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Dat Zenith!

Oh Yeah!

Why is "between 4 o'clock and 5 o'clock" chosen as an alternate place to put the date complication? I have a new Marathon that has the date in exactly the same place? As a right-handed person who wears the watch on the left wrist, I think between 7 and 8, between 8 and 9, or between 9 and 10 would suit better, as the date would then be facing you automatically.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz: ...As a right-handed person who wears the watch on the left wrist, I think between 7 and 8, between 8 and 9, or between 9 and 10 would suit better, as the date would then be facing you automatically.

How would that be "facing you" any more so than the current position?

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
R0gue, my man, you know how to party!

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz: ...As a right-handed person who wears the watch on the left wrist, I think between 7 and 8, between 8 and 9, or between 9 and 10 would suit better, as the date would then be facing you automatically.

How would that be "facing you" any more so than the current position?

Maybe it is just my brain, as far as the placemenet goes. The main question I had was if you are putting the date in the dial, "why" between 4 and 5. I know a sample of two does not mean they are all like that. Until I saw r0gue's picture, though, I thought I had the only one like that. My exposure to watches is limited.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That's a relatively common spot for the date. Seems especially so on chronographs.

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:...The main question I had was if you are putting the date in the dial, "why" between 4 and 5.

Well, on a chronograph you can't put it at 3, 6, or 9 because the subdials extend into those positions if you have decent-sized subdials; so 4:30 or 7:30 are the logical points. I suppose the date window could go somewhere on the top half of the dial, but I've not seen that done.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
Not a high end watch, but I like it. Reactor Poseidon. It has since been stolen along with a Citizen EcoDrive, First generation Seiko Kinetic.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought my son an entry level Gshock for his 9th birthday. Then I shows him pics of military guys wearing almost the same watch. He's totally geeked out on it now and doesn't take it off. He doesn't show much interest in my Rolexes except now he asks why my Rolex doesn't have a light or a stopwatch or an alarm. I pointed out my watch has a GMT function... he was underwhelmed

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Bought my son an entry level Gshock for his 9th birthday. Then I shows him pics of military guys wearing almost the same watch. He's totally geeked out on it now and doesn't take it off. He doesn't show much interest in my Rolexes except now he asks why my Rolex doesn't have a light or a stopwatch or an alarm. I pointed out my watch has a GMT function... he was underwhelmed

Ha! In all honestly, with remotely as much care, the G Shock will probably last as long. Still, I'll take the GMT. Particularly if it's an older Coke! Smile

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tcfiero:
Not a high end watch, but I like it. Reactor Poseidon. It has since been stolen along with a Citizen EcoDrive, First generation Seiko Kinetic.

Bummer about the theft. Guess it's good it wasn't a Rolex! I like the black center links. I don't think I've ever seen that done.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:

He's still got plenty of time to learn!

...my two year old is already asking for a necklace, a bracelet, a watch, and a ring. Her future husband will have his work cut out for him.

-ShneaSIG