SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I rescued another turtle today..... Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Dangit, brminpin!

You've got me tempted (again!) to sell a few and find an Alpinist. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Dangit, brminpin!

Supposed to be a second batch coming out in the summer according to some.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I rescued another turtle today..... Big Grin

I see a pattern emerging Big Grin

You're definitely on a roll!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:
Dangit, brminpin!

Beautiful Alpinist, brminpin! Is that from the limited run of 1959 pieces?

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:
Dangit, brminpin!

Beautiful Alpinist, brminpin! Is that from the limited run of 1959 pieces?

Yes.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Back from getting new crystal because I broke it right after it was serviced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
anybody have an old SKX or Turtle like stickman's laying around? Taking a trip to the Bahamas in a couple of weeks and want a "nice beater" for water play so I can leave my Seamaster in the safe. (Mine was given to me by my uncle's family after he passed away so while I don't really baby it, it is irreplaceable to me.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
What condition my condition was in
Time: Coffee Break

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This was my grandfather's RR watch. He was with the Missouri Pacific RR. He died when I was 12, and wanted me to have his watch. It was made in 1915.

When I was much younger, I carried it daily. My wife-to-be gave me a beautiful gold-filled watch fob and I carried the watch in the "watch pocket" of my Wranglers. At that time of my life, I was horseback daily, wore chaps, and would pluck the watch out from under the chaps to check the time. One day the crown of the watch came up missing, along with the gifted fob.

It was much more difficult to find quality watch repair back then. I found an old watchmaker who turned out to be an old drunk. It was difficult to get my watch back, and when it was returned, he had replaced the crown with a base metal "goldtone" crown.

Several months ago I had an opportunity to have someone hand deliver the watch to the Elgin Clock Co. in Elgin, Illinois. They just finished with it and I received this picture. As you can see, the crown was suitably replaced. Elgin Clock doesn't mail (or maybe just doesn't like to mail) watches/clocks as they feel the handling can damage the work they've done. The same person who hand-delivered it there, will bring it back to me in a couple weeks. Thought you'd like to see it.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
YellowJacket, you could rescue a nice PADI turtle on the EBay either used or new for a pretty good price. I paid less than $200 for my blue PADI Seiko diver. Adopt a turtle man... Big Grin You won’t regret it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted here in a while.
Forgot to add a pic of the this beauty.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
YellowJacket, you could rescue a nice PADI turtle on the EBay either used or new for a pretty good price. I paid less than $200 for my blue PADI Seiko diver. Adopt a turtle man... Big Grin You won’t regret it.

Yeah I just don't really care for the craps shoot of ebay.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

Yeah I just don't really care for the craps shoot of ebay.

I've actually been thinking of selling my Seiko SNZF17K1 (actually J1, not K1...I made a point of getting one that is purportedly assembled in Japan, not Korea), or their "Sea Urchin."

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/s...-styled-value-watch/

A couple years old, I don't wear it anymore (never really wore it much to begin with)...for some reason, my other Seikos always got more playtime...or I'd wear a Swiss for a while...and now HAQ watches are making a play for my affections. Just one of those watches I guess I thought I'd dig more than I do...I do like it, but I just like many of my other watches more.

But given that it's such an incredible value for what I paid for it, I always talk myself out of selling it. Oddly enough, had it cost more I'd probaby have an easier time convincing myself to sell the thing.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
On a completely unrelated matter, I'm now four months into waiting on Orient to fix a simple warranty matter on a watch. Fortunately, I've never had to send a watch in to any manufacturer for service, so I don't know what is the typical and expected length of time, but I have to say four months seems just shy of egregious, and so my patience is growing tremendously short.

This Orient is not only my first Orient but will most assuredly be my last.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s disappointing to read. I’ve had my eye on Orient’s M-Force diver with the power reserve gauge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
stickman428, can you tell me about the band on your watch posted on page 177? The black link band? Where'd you get it? Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
6guns, hey sorry I missed your question earlier. It is an inexpensive mesh band from eBay that I absolutely love. Depending on your wrist size you may have to cut a few rows of links but if you take your time it is not hard to do.

I got the band in that pic (and a few others like it) from this eBay seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shark...e:g:0oIAAOSwgv5ZWiMS

I’m hoping these will come back into stock. I have a stainless/brushed version of this band and really like it.

https://www.strapcode.com/prod...mesh-mc-dcl20-bbk001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RanRan
posted Hide Post
I was also one of the lucky few to get the Limited Blue Alpinist. Very nice watch.

Posts: 174 | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post