SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Search Strapcode or Militat.

Thank you. I did contact Strapcode. They responded, saying they don't have exactly that bracelet but a straight-end one instead.

I'll have to do some thinking on that; I think I'd prefer the matching endpiece.

They do have a nice variety of bands, however, for many watches.

quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Grand Seiko SBGJ021.

Brminpin: that's gorgeous!

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I understand and agree. The gap is unsightly in some cases. Good luck, hope you can find the right bracelet.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
In keeping with the classic and miminalist thread, take a look at these:
RMD

45mm! EEEEEEYuuuuuuuJe!

Yes it is. Almost Invicta ridiculously huge.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.mvmtwatches.com/co...ite-caramel-leather#

RMD

Chronograph dials without markings make them useless for actually timing anything. That design is all form and no function.

Not to mention yuuuuge.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yep! It's yuuuuugggggeee! I see it as jewelry, not a watch. Not that I have any desire to have a watch that is crippled, but as jewelry for the iPhone toting millennial, it probably will sell.

RMD

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

https://www.mvmtwatches.com/co...ite-caramel-leather#

RMD

Chronograph dials without markings make them useless for actually timing anything. That design is all form and no function.

Not to mention yuuuuge.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Not only that, but after clicking on the link when it first appeared, I'm getting popups from the company every time I go on Yahoo. Can't make them stop!! Mad

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Ad blockers are your friends.

RMD

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
One of my Christmas gifts, Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm, black dial, black rubber strap

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
One of my Christmas gifts, Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm, black dial, black rubber strap

Love. Although 45.5mm is monstrous.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10484 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

I've had bigger lol

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've had bigger lol

Watch looks great!

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Looks good!!!!!!

I had a PO 45mm (older one with the 2500 movement) GREAT WATCH! (I sold it to free up some funds for something else, I've been thinking of getting another Submariner lately, but I do love the Planet Oceans.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had bigger lol

Looks good on you. You must have some guns! It would conceal half my hand.

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Met up with a watch pal and worked a trade for this vintage Seiko.

Vintage (1975) Seiko Quartz QZ (0922-8000)
In 1975, its MSRP was ¥36,000. Adjusted for inflation and a currency conversion, I was told this is around $1,600 USD in today's dollars. I guess it was super hi-tech. I paid $80!

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Met up with a watch pal and worked a trade for this vintage Seiko.

Vintage (1975) Seiko Quartz QZ (0922-8000)
In 1975, its MSRP was ¥36,000. Adjusted for inflation and a currency conversion, I was told this is around $1,600 USD in today's dollars. I guess it was super hi-tech. I paid $80!

Nice!

RMD

Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've had bigger lol

That's what she said!

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Protein anchor:
That's what she said!

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
What's the consensus on Orient watches? If I'm correct, a brief bit of research indicates they're owned by Seiko, have Japanese movements, and are of decent value for the money.

I'd like to add a blue dial watch to my very modest collection, and this one in particular has caught my eye...a King Master:

Also looking at this one, though progressively less so than the King Master...less classic and retro than the above, a more modern, rugged look:

Usually I default to Seiko (love my Orange Monster and Sarb 017 Alpinist, and plan to pick up a SARB 033 in the next year or two), but for the blue dial watch I thought I'd try something different and Orient's watches continue to catch my eye when I browse on-line.

Well, I pulled the trigger on the blue Orient King Master (and a Seiko SARB033)...but ended up sending the King Master back. Sometimes it's hard to tell from pictures on the Internet what a watch will look like on one's own wrist...and this one just looked BIG. The lack of a true outside bezel gave it an oversized appearance...and while I had known it would have that to a degree, it looked a bit exaggerated in an unsightly way...I think one would have to be a fairly big guy to carry this one off, and my medium build wasn't up to the task. It's also far busier a dial in person than it appears on screen and all of it is somewhat flat and one-dimensional...so that flat busy-ness combined with an exaggerated visual size...it just wasn't the watch I had envisioned nor the style of watch I prefer.

So as soon as the refund hits my account, I'm likely going to pick up this blue-dial Swiss Tissot:

Scratch all that...just couldn't warm up to the Tissot w/ the hypodermic hands. Ended up getting another blue Swiss, though...tracking shows it'll be here early next week...an Alpina Alpiner:

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
Doxa has released its 50th Anniversary SUB 300 (no T) watch (1967-2017) and it's an amazing watch that really harkens back to 1967 as the first real dive tool watch.

It features the old style sailboat case back:

True individual beads of rice bracelet with wet suit extension:

The sapphire crystal is raised just like the original plexiglass needed to be for the depth rating:

The Doxa has the original style dwarf hour hand (so it can't be confused with the minute hand when diving) and the same style fonts from the 60's:

Comes shipped in the scuba tube with a fitted screw driver:

The movement is also COSC certified:

It even comes with a 50th Anniversary book which happens to include one of my photos of my original 2002 Re-Issue SUB 300T:

Doxa really nailed it with this anniversary Swiss automatic dive watch. It's offered as an orange Professional, black Sharkhunter, and silver Searambler. I went with the original orange to match my 1969 vintage and my 2009 Diving With Legends SUB 1200T. I also have a SUB 1200T Searambler and the very rare (only 50 made) SUB 1200T turquoise NUMA.

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mm6mm6: I also have a SUB 1200T Searambler and the very rare (only 50 made) SUB 1200T turquoise NUMA.

That turquoise face looks really nice. Got a close-up?

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post