SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Do it, man! After fretting a bit about my new 5 being a 42mm, it arrived and I put it on my skinny ol' wrist. No problem. I was all worked up for nothing.

(Yes, I know I owe pics.) Razz

Seeing some of the previous discussion, I have looked into the spring bar tools. I'm not sure still how to get at the bars on this watch, given that the existing band fills the entire width between the lugs. More studying to do, I suppose. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13483 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky: ...I'm not sure still how to get at the bars on this watch, given that the existing band fills the entire width between the lugs.

I'd have to see pics to be sure, but generally if you turn the watch over there will be a small opening in the underside of the filler piece into which you insert the springbar tool.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a couple Youtube vids that may help. Search "Seiko 5 spring bar".

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Today's wrist check:

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
From Mr Truong:

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
From Mr Truong:

Is that a GMT or world-time watch?

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Double Vision

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I like the black strap, Colorado.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
From Mr Truong:

Is that a GMT or world-time watch?

Citizen Satellite Wave. GPS set time. Love it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I like the black strap, Colorado.
It's a RubberB. They aren't cheap, but I like the way it fits and looks.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Got this Tag Heuer a couple weeks ago. Had one several years ago but got rid of it for something else. I've always missed it.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Wristshot from this weekend at work... Really liking this Maratac.

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one nice, simple watch - and I love the strap.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:

Me too! I like everything about that watch! Classy.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post

Purchased a few years ago from SFs very own Dave Troung!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

I was standing in my boss's office last week and he started asking me if I was blind. I was confussed Confused

He pointed at my Maratac (mine is on an OD Maratac Zulu) and said "Jesus that's a huge watch" Big Grin

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
quote:

I was standing in my boss's office last week and he started asking me if I was blind. I was confussed Confused

He pointed at my Maratac (mine is on an OD Maratac Zulu) and said "Jesus that's a huge watch" Big Grin

Haha! I bought the small version. 39mm. They make them big too don't they? 43mm I think? Maybe 45mm?

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Anybody keeping tabs on Baselworld 2017?

Some cool stuff from Omega, Tudor, and Glaschutte Originale thus far!

-ShneaSIG

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
quote:

Haha! I bought the small version. 39mm. They make them big too don't they? 43mm I think? Maybe 45mm?

Uuuuuge!! Lol

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post