SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I didn't even know about Grand Seikos until a couple of years ago, but now there's no other watch I want more than a GS!

You should give this a read then. I really thought the GS content on the craftsmen to be very interesting.

Part I

Part II

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice watch, Rogue. I like the angles and facets.

I posted my GS earlier in this thread, but here it is again.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Nice watch, Rogue. I like the angles and facets.

I'm really impressed by the value and quality. I will say I have a complaint. The buckle angles are very very sharp and are bothering my wrist. I'll probably put another buckle on it and put the Seiko one away. Shame too. It's pretty neat. But in the end, all buckles do it rub desk all day anyways...

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty, r0gue!

Would it be too out of line to try taking a fine single cut file to slightly dress the sharp corners/edges of the buckle? I mean, if you're going to take it off anyway, might be worth a shot?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Would it be too out of line to try taking a fine single cut file to slightly dress the sharp corners/edges of the buckle?

I know myself well enough to realize that one day I'll flip this one loose for another. Or at least there's a REALLY good historical basis to assume that. So I'll save it for the next guy.

I did find one that looks like it'll solve my problem.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Nice solution! Maybe Seiko is watching this thread. Smile

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Love the new GS, Rogue. That sunburst face really is unique.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
LG Urbane Christmas present.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Congrats Showpro! I work in technology and a year ago, NONE of the managers that report to me wore a watch. Now, they ALL do. One Apple and one Android-thing. One quartz that I give about 3 months and it will be an Apple watch, mark-my-words.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought a watch in a few years... but I turn 40 this year.. Might be time to get a little crazy.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Thanks, r0gue.

I'm seeing a lot more watches around the office, too. I never quite understood the whole, "I don't need a watch anymore, I use my phone," thing. Jeez, wristwatches were an innovation over the pocket watch. Who the hell wants to reach into their pocket to see what time it is?

I had an LG G watch for the past year, It's ugly as sin, but it was free, and I became quite addicted to it. Now, at least, the watch looks decent, if chunky.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Today's Seiko. One of my favorites.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who can't see showpro's photos?

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Am I the only one who can't see showpro's photos?

I don't know if you're the ONLY one, but I can see them.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. They're on Google Drive. Maybe only people signed into their Google account can see them? I'll have a look at the permissions.

Are you on iOS 6guns? I've read that people on iOS can have trouble seeing Drive pics.

posted Hide Post
I see them from my Macbook but not from my iPad.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
I see them from my Macbook but not from my iPad.

Thanks. Weird.

Just researched a bit and it seems that 3rd-party cookies are disabled by default on iOS, so that's the issue. If you enable the cookies, the pics should show up.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Can't see them on my MacBook Pro; version 10.9.5 of OS X. I'll check my iPad to see if there's a difference.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be damned. I bought this watch like two years ago and completely forgot about it. It was still sealed in an Amazon cardboard box. Good thing I looked Smile

Ps it was sitting so long yet battery was dead lol

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I bought this watch like two years ago and completely forgot about it. ....

Ps it was sitting so long yet battery was dead lol

Now THAT, is a First World Problem. ;-) Haha! Sweet watch. I like it!