SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Yacht Master?
More like yuck master...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
You got the money, Rolex will make it.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bezel alignment is horrible on that thing. It'd drive me nuts! I'd never get to enjoy it because all I would see is the damn alignment issue.

Wink

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Vintage Hamilton Aqua-Date Supercompressor

Very nice! Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13492 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
With new job no time for WIS activities, but took a few minutes to browse classifieds at TZ today. That will do it - now I can't look back for another few months. Where's the BLEHHHHH emoji??

Proof that money can't buy good taste.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Hideous bezel but that black face yacht master is a bad ass watch.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Guess the Cockatoo's new watch!
Hint, it's a tachymeter chronograph...

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
A Speedy?

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
How about it's a Casio. Eek

Casio 503 "Speedy".

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
How about it's a Casio. Eek

Casio 503 "Speedy".

Tease....... Cool

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Hey for $50 it was a great find!

quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Very nice!

RMD

Thanks!

I don't want to wear the historical vintage Speedy much.

posted Hide Post
A couple weeks ago, a bunch of you guys helped me with my first Watchuseek purchase. It went fine. This week I got this (1st time picture posting, so bear with me):

I really like the simplicity/symmetry of the face, and the case design and crown detail really appeal to me.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
My latest acquisition .

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
A couple weeks ago, a bunch of you guys helped me with my first Watchuseek purchase. It went fine. This week I got this (1st time picture posting, so bear with me):

I really like the simplicity/symmetry of the face, and the case design and crown detail really appeal to me.

Rob

Well done!

Congrats.

RMD

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
My latest acquisition .

Seamaster Broad Arrow?

RMD

Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TexasScrub:

Seamaster Broad Arrow?

RMD

Planet Ocean, latest model. I feel like Bond, only shorter. And chubbier. But sexier nonetheless.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seiko 5 fans, a question. I started using mine six months ago, and although at first it was gaining a few seconds a day, it began losing time gradually, and now it's losing 8 seconds a day.

Is this normal? I know it's not my old Rolex, but I was hoping for better accuracy.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9153 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TexasScrub:

Seamaster Broad Arrow?

RMD

Planet Ocean, latest model. I feel like Bond, only shorter. And chubbier. But sexier nonetheless.

Ah so! Nice!

RMD

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
For a Seiko 5, not unreasonable accuracy. Might be possible to regulate a bit.

RMD

quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Seiko 5 fans, a question. I started using mine six months ago, and although at first it was gaining a few seconds a day, it began losing time gradually, and now it's losing 8 seconds a day.

Is this normal? I know it's not my old Rolex, but I was hoping for better accuracy.