SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Citizen CZ smart is pretty neat. There are a lot of free dials you can download and most of them allow you some customization as far as colors and subdial/functions/complications. You do have to pay extra for all the features for some of the dials but Citizen gives you a few dials you can customize completely without having to pay extra. When I say you have to pay extra it’s to unlock their weather or fitness subdials/complications. The dials still give you time, day, date, battery level and a lot of other info for free so you don’t really have to pay for the whole thing unless it’s a dial you really like.

I’m having fun playing with the dials so far.

These are the dials you get for free and can completely modify for free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^That Citizen CZ is pretty nifty. There's new black/red versions listed on 'The' big 'A' on-line store for $252 today...seems like a pretty decent deal. Tho seems like frequent (daily?) charging required, which is less than ideal. If it could have a screen like my Casio PRW2500 with Tide/Lunar/Baro, I'd take a look at it.

I did wind up getting my latest in the mail yesterday: Casio GWN-1000 Gulfmaster. It's on the window sill charging at the moment. It's alot 'busier' than my PRW2500 (which I really like the home screen Wx info), but still really slick/distinctive. It ain't 'dainty' that's for sure.

I can't post photos here, but it's this one:

Link to original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2t2S6iHPTA

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Boss1, You sir might have made me just go full circle with watches and return back to girl that took me to the dance (G-shock/Casio). That Gulfmaster is AWESOME! I think I might have to buy one of those, especially since it has many of the functions I love on my current G-Shock with the addition of solar.

My first watch I actually got exited about was a G-Shock rescue in bright red, I wished for a long time that I could find a similar model with their tough solar that had moon and tide phase. Well now that has happened. Cool

On a different subject....
I am still enjoying the Citizen CZ Smart. I’ve pretty much settled on this dial lately. It’s easy to read, looks neat and has the info I want on the dial. The pushers on the watch are programmable. I have mine set to activate the chronograph (push the top pusher) or my fitness tracker (pushing the bottom pusher). I love that just pushing two buttons will make it track my workouts. This is basically a fitness tracker for me and a watch I’ll wear while riding so I don’t wreck anymore of my expensive automatics. I think this watch will be perfect for that role.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

And now the Explorer is out in 36mm, so temptation is renewed!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

<sub>

And now the Explorer is out in 36mm, so temptation is renewed!

My name met "the list" via email hours before my AD opened. I've owned the mkI Explorer 39mm with the non-lumed numerals and short hands. Fail. I've owned the mkII with the lumed numerals, longer hands, but it still seemed out of scale to my jaded eyes. It was 36mm when I met it, and nothing else would do. So,...Fail (for me).

3rd time's a charm!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I still have my 39mm Explorer, but it is a better size for my ape arms. My son has his grandfather's vintage Datejust, and 36mm looks small on my arm.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
The Explorer 36 in TT seems a fish out of water.

I do like the new hands on the Exp II black dial. Improvement there.

The leaf dials on the DJ are not appealing to me, but this is subjective and I am sure many will enjoy them.

36mm looks tiny on me. I have a couple, even have a 32 - very tiny.

I suppose a trip to the AD to see it live is the best solution.

Speaking of a grail watch...

A. Lange & Sohne Odysseus.

Very nice!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I don't expect to see one for months. Maybe longer. But who knows?.. It does feel to me like product is hitting the shops. It's VERY "just in time" and thus nothing hits the case. But they have long lists, and the electronic registration process lets Rolex know it's sold before your feet hit the sidewalk.

Kind of hoping this summer might bring a Daytona. I've been dropping hints about my 50th. We'll see. Loooong shot. Though maybe I'll be allowed to buy a 36mm Explorer as a consolation. That would do nicely.

posted Hide Post
Great been on the waiting list for a Explorer in 39mm now with it been discontinued will have to pay a even more of a rip off premium for one since 36mm is too small for me.

Maybe next year if Japan opens I'll look for a used one.

Hate this Rolex artificial shortage crap and the flippers taking advantage of people.

Posts: 965 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Nice new homage to the Dirty Dozen watch here: https://www.vaerwatches.com/co...ucts/a12-dirty-dozen

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Not watches but a few of my vintage collection of clocks, mostly World Timer GMT desk types. pictures here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...330071184#3330071184

Currently on hand:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite and most accurate non dive watches (though it still has 100m WR) from a brand that I think does not get nearly enough attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Nice new homage to the Dirty Dozen watch here: https://www.vaerwatches.com/co...ucts/a12-dirty-dozen

For not a lot more you can buy an original like my CYMA:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Love the vintage CYMA!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The new Helson arrived. They have a 15%off special through the 12th.

I got the last Blackbeard in stock. Seems they ran out of the seat belt buckle bracelets and sent a cheapy regular dive clasp bracelet that's almost too small, not one of the better cheap $30 bracelets, but the absolute shit $9 eBay bracelet. I'm going to order another bracelet, but I shot them an email complaining about the shit bracelet on their most expensive piece. Even my $200 Phoibos got a super nice bracelet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
For not a lot more you can buy an original like my CYMA:

I just bought the Vaer. I struggled with the price and the hand-wound aspect, but I'm so taken with the esthetics, which I like more than any of the original twelve Dirty Dozen, that I took the plunge.

For other fans of the "field watch/military watch" genre, check out Vaer's Korean Field Watch: https://www.vaerwatches.com/co...ield-usa-quartz-36mm. They sold out so quickly that I would be surprised if they didn't produce another run.

I really like Vaer's tasteful homages to heritage designs.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice Mido, stick. I'm a sucker for a blue face.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15152 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
My favorite watch to wear a PAM 005 logo.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys tried Doxa yet? Experience, opinions, impressions etc?...