SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Just got the strap in for my 1918 Elgin Black Star "Pershing":

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
kz1000

Love the vintage mil watches. Your Elgin is fantastic!
Spend time on MWR as a result. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Thanks to a heads-up from a member in another thread, I snagged this Casio Duro and a replacement NATO strap. Under $70 from Amazon for both. Not super fancy, but looks nice, and I've been wanting a blue watch.

I like the strap NATO colors. Looks great on the Duro!

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

Those hands are awesome. Heat bluing and radium. Mmm mmm.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
kz1000

Love the vintage mil watches. Your Elgin is fantastic!
Spend time on MWR as a result. Smile

Thanks. I'm on MWR.

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

Those hands are awesome. Heat bluing and radium. Mmm mmm.

Thanks. They ARE nice.

-Bomber Harris

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Here's another:

-Bomber Harris

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Anyone wearing any red white & blue today?

My mildly modded Orient Mako USA II is getting some wrist time today. Happy Independence Day everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
A question please to all you watch gurus.
My son gave me a Citizen Military a few years ago and the canvas strap is getting worn.
Who makes some replacement straps (sailcloth, silicone??).
I saw Barton’s, but then saw mixed reviews on the quick change feature (and I really don’t need to quick change the straps once I pick when I want).
Thx!

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
r0gue, I'm curious if you've ever owned, or possibly still do, a Rolex Kermit?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
r0gue, I'm curious if you've ever owned, or possibly still do, a Rolex Kermit?

Yep. Bought one brand new from my AD over a decade ago. Sold it quickly after (at a loss... can you imagine??). Not a good move on my part. Mine was literally as-new in box. It'd be worth a King's ransom now.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous, thank you for sharing! Probably my favorite of the stainless steel Rolex lineup.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I FINALLY got the email notification that the Helm watch I pre ordered last year is shipping out and heading my way! Cool

I hope it lives up to the hype and was worth the wait.

It will. Prepare to be amazed.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
A question please to all you watch gurus.
My son gave me a Citizen Military a few years ago and the canvas strap is getting worn.
Who makes some replacement straps (sailcloth, silicone??).
I saw Barton’s, but then saw mixed reviews on the quick change feature (and I really don’t need to quick change the straps once I pick when I want).
Thx!

Certainly not a guru, but I was considering a BluShark NATO band for an old watch.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd give a shot in better lighting,.. but still just with an iPhone. My wife has an amazing Nikon, I really need to pull it out and try for some optimized movement shots on this.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Seven days of power reserve!? Dang. I like that they hid the power reserve indicator on the back rather than clutter up the dial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Is that a power reserve indicator or a means to regulate the watch?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well it came in...rduckwor you were correct. The Helm Vanuatu has indeed had a spectacular first impression on me today. I preordered this watch back in early November of last year. It was originally expected to be completed in May but due to things it was delayed a bit. It was worth the wait!

I wasn’t expecting to see a certification of water resistance or a hand written thank you card. Very cool. The fit and finish, case shape, bezel action and even the way it fits on my wrist are all superb. For they money this Helm Vanuatu just might be the best dive watch on the market. At just over $300 this watch punches WAAAY above its weight class. This thing is just shockingly good for what I paid!

It even came with a NATO strap sporting KTM’s colors. Big Grin The bracelet it also came with is superb but until it cools off a bit it’s staying on the NATO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Is that a power reserve indicator or a means to regulate the watch?
The writing next to the indicator says "SEVEN (7) DAYS POWER RESERVE," so it's unlikely to be a rate adjustment.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Well it came in...rduckwor you were correct. The Helm Vanuatu has indeed had a spectacular first impression on me today. I preordered this watch back in early November of last year. It was originally expected to be completed in May but due to things it was delayed a bit. It was worth the wait!

Yep, the man knows what he is doing when it comes to dive watches. Enjoy it and be well.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post