SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Fellow forumite and good buddy AllenInWV gave me a couple watches that weren't working.

This is a Vostok Komanderskie-sized Amphibia, mechanical handwind without automatic rotor. I got it working for a while, but it was running 5 minutes fast per hour. Demagnetized but no luck. Then the hairspring broke rendering it useless. I recently found an old Vostok Frontier Guard Commander watch with a minty movement so I swapped the complete mov't into the older case. I was wanting to use the old dial but it's similar to a Vostok Amphibia I already have and didn't want a duplicate. I did have to refit the mov't into the older metal case holder as the newer one was plastic and didn't fit the watch. I also had to find a new stem with a crown compatible with both the new movt and the old case. And despite the scratched and chipped old crystal I decided not to replace it yet to give it that vintage charm. I did polish the light scratches out with polywatch after the pics were taken.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nice swap^^^ Love the dial.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Nice swap^^^ Love the dial.

RMD

Yeah I'm really digging it. I'm also starting to like smaller watches like this. Maybe because I'm older. But they do feel more comfy than the bigger watches that I've been wearing lately.

I just put a Strapcode Angus jubilee bracelet on my Alpinist. Love this watch!

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I scored a NOS 1965 Dufonte Lucien Piccard today. Absolutely unworn. This old ETA powered Swiss watch is FLAWLESS and only set me back $25.

Every private dick needs a good Swiss watch to keep him abreast of the time.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Damn it's perfect.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Nice score!
What's the diameter of that watch?

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
36mm. Standard size for the 60's.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new every day beater.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ Which button is the grappling hook?

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Agony led me into temptation. I've been wanting a chronograph, and the price was low with a promotional deal. I look at it as saving me the price of a Speedmaster, or even better, a Daytona!

This one is on a replacement NATO strap.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Sexy! Looks great on that Alphashark.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Blue dial! The shade is beautiful. Loving the silver chapter ring too.

I saw a Daytona listed for $95K recently. That will buy a lot of Seikos!

RMD

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Seiko builds beautiful watches.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

I also got an Original BluShark in "blu steel." It is quite a close match to the dial. Both are good with the watch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Blue dial! The shade is beautiful. Loving the silver chapter ring too.

I saw a Daytona listed for $95K recently. That will buy a lot of Seikos!

RMD

I stayed out of the bidding on Paul Newman's Daytona. I just couldn't swing the $5MM.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

I also got an Original BluShark in "blu steel." It is quite a close match to the dial. Both are good with the watch.

I have a few BluSharks, but lately been wearing the SSC667 on this Navy/Orange from Barton:

posted Hide Post
Just picked this CK2998 recently. It's my first Omega and I can't be happier. The size on this one is just perfect at slightly under 40mm. I swapped the original blue croc for a tan suede strap because I thought it was a bit too much blue.

Really been enjoying how active this thread has been lately.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Just picked this CK2998 recently. It's my first Omega and I can't be happier. The size on this one is just perfect at slightly under 40mm. I swapped the original blue croc for a tan suede strap because I thought it was a bit too much blue.

Really been enjoying how active this thread has been lately.

Eek Wow! Nice!

RMD

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice Speedy.