SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Some great looking watches in this thread. Congrats to all on your new ones.

I just ordered a new NH36 movement for a mod I'm doing. Never intended to replace the movement, but in for a penny, in for a pound I guess.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I wanna build a chronograph with this movement.
http://www.allwatchparts.com/-...-Movement_p_978.html

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Some great looking watches in this thread. Congrats to all on your new ones.

I just ordered a new NH36 movement for a mod I'm doing. Never intended to replace the movement, but in for a penny, in for a pound I guess.

RMD

I just got a new SKX007 when ebay had their 20% off code. Just waiting to hear from yobokies about some parts. Then I may try to fit a hacking/winding movt in my decades-old SKX.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I'm still jonesing over that Bulova Moon Watch / Lunar Pilot chronograph I mentioned last week in this thread...bad time to pick up a new watch, but, jeez louise, I'm about to do it anyway, if for no other reason than I can finally stop obsessing over YouTube videos on it every damn night. Sometimes my OCD'ish "research" on items I really want annoy and exhaust even myself.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Go ahead and buy the darned thing, and then tell me they've all been sold, so I can quit jonesing for one. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I remember a time when InVicta put out choronos with ETA Valjoux 7750’s in them. That was a Looooong time ago. I have one Glycine that’s pre Invicta. You can tell by the shape of the insignia.

Not necessarily true. Glycine made the logo change about 6-8 months before the Invicta buyout.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:...Glycine made the logo change about 6-8 months before the Invicta buyout.

Right. So if his has the old logo it was definitely before the Invicta buyout. At least 6 - 8 months before.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, I had so much watch envy, that I sold my 2.5" Diamondback and bought a new Omega Aqua Terra. Now I don't covet my brother's speedy pro so much. He bought the old '58 seamaster from me to restore.

I originally bought a 36mm, but when they went to ship it, they had accidentally sent it off to someone who ordered a quartz movement that is almost half the cost. To keep me from dinging them for selling an non stock item, they upgraded me to the 40mm. He had to eat $1700 to keep me from tarnishing his perfect feedback.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Nice Aqua Terra!
I took a break from my Seikos today and wore my old trusty SMP today.
Perhaps soon I may unload a few guns I don't shoot or want and get a Speedy. Or a Spectre. Or a Railmaster....so many watches, not enough money. Smile

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
YESSSS!!!! Smile

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Speedy Pro! Get the Speedy!
And wear it on the correct damn arm! Razz

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Ha! If Steve McQueen can wear it on the wrong arm, then I'm definitely doing it properly. Razz

posted Hide Post
It's on the right damn arm!

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Ha! If Steve McQueen can wear it on the wrong arm, then I'm definitely doing it properly. Razz

Well, yeah, but Steve McQueen was cool. Razz

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monster time. New JDM monster with 6R15 movement. There is also a jade colored dial model that is currently sold out. I couldn’t resist.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
I'm Stoked! I have been waiting for Doxa to release a new Divingstar for 8-9 years and they did. Just pre ordered this!

http://www.doxawatches.com/SUB...oseidon-Edition.html

Can't wait! Hray

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hray,

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1137 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hray:
I'm Stoked! I have been waiting for Doxa to release a new Divingstar and they did. Just pre ordered this!

http://www.doxawatches.com/SUB...oseidon-Edition.html

Can't wait! Hray

Wow, what a beautiful retro style watch! I REALLY like it!

Turtle shell case, beads of rice bracelet, man that's just beautiful!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Monster time. New JDM monster with 6R15 movement. There is also a jade colored dial model that is currently sold out. I couldn’t resist.

Very nice — congrats. I’m a Monster fan as well...I wear my 1st Gen. Orange Monster more than any other watch. I also have the SRP637, or the Tuna Monster. I didn’t really like the 2nd Gen. “shark” Monsters, but this new 3rd Gen. really caught my eye, with its 1st Gen. indices, great movement, and, yes, even the cyclops. Price increase scared me off initially, but I still mull over grabbing one.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:

Image deleted

Very nice — congrats. I’m a Monster fan as well...I wear my 1st Gen. Orange Monster more than any other watch. I also have the SRP637, or the Tuna Monster. I didn’t really like the 2nd Gen. “shark” Monsters, but this new 3rd Gen. really caught my eye, with its 1st Gen. indices, great movement, and, yes, even the cyclops. Price increase scared me off initially, but I still mull over grabbing one.

For the longest time I thought these watches were the ugliest dive watches Seiko makes. But after watching some YouTube reviews they have grown on me. I almost cancelled my order this morning but decided to at least give it a try. My fingers are crossed.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post