SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
AN-5740 Master Navigation Chronometer.

Wow! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
What does a 48mm case look like on a 7" wrist? Can anyone share a pic? Looking at a Citizen eco drive perpetual.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
What does a 48mm case look like on a 7" wrist? Can anyone share a pic? Looking at a Citizen eco drive perpetual.

It would be very large. 48mm is very large for anyone.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Agreed. I have a 6.5" wrist, and 42mm is pushing it with me. 44 becomes clownish. On you. I think 44 would be starting to push boundaries. But everyones tastes differ.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
quote:

Agreed. I have a 6.5" wrist, and 42mm is pushing it with me. 44 becomes clownish. On you. I think 44 would be starting to push boundaries. But everyones tastes differ.

Thanks to both. I am not sure the specs were correct where I looked. Before I blindly purchased, I would find something to try on or figure out a way to mock it up.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post

I love this watch. A bit on the fancy side with the original band/clasp, but after buying a couple of quick release bands (which make me nervous to use, as they are almost too easy to remove or attach) I find myself wearing it with jeans and boots occasionally.

I. Love. This. Watch!

(Fighting the temptation to buy all the different color variations of this line!)

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
Apologize for carpet bombing pics. Finally figured out a new pic host.

Presage and the chrono that got me hooked on Seiko (sorry, rduckwor, alarm Frown )

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks to both. I am not sure the specs were correct where I looked. Before I blindly purchased, I would find something to try on or figure out a way to mock it up.

My mock up technique is to determine lug width from the specs, and scale on screen until I match them. Doesn't let me try it on, but it helps to show the real scale as dial, bezel, lug with and case size all interplay.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That Seiko Presage is very good looking.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Elgin Trench Watch with original strap & owner personalization.

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My parents grew up in La Junta. My mother is 90 years old. I asked her if she knew of the Ellis family. She said she does not. I was hoping to provide a little information, but I guess not.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
quote:
That Seiko Presage is very good looking.

Thanks, jhe. I kind of stumbled across it looking at other models. Knew right then I had to have one.

The pics don't do it justice. Though the dial is silver, the second, date, and tip of the power hands are blued, and I think they reflect a bit inside the case. Combined with a semi-domed, and rather thick crystal, the dial sometimes appears like a color that is sometimes called "ice blue".

It's mesmerizing to move my arm and stare in wonder.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

-Bomber Harris

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The trench watches are all cool, but the one with the cage, and the photo of the pretty girl in it is something else, again.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

-Bomber Harris

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Pocketwatch conversion.

-Bomber Harris

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
On the rocks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Heading my way from Italy. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
^^^
Sharp looking Citizen. Italy, you say? Is that particular model not available here?