SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
stickman428 I also would like to thank you for the suggestion of the elastic watchband. It is the most comfortable I have tried on my SMP in the past 6 years.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Rolex prices have dropped about the same as my retirement accounts, around 12%

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Z06, Nice! I’m glad you are liking the strap, it looks great on your Omega. The black and red matches your dial and second hand perfectly.

I’m typically more of a mesh fan, especially on my 1999 Seamaster but this strap just works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
stickman,
Your ebay source for these straps is basically sold out. Any idea when he might have new stock?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Bald1, I’m not sure. I know the virus probably isn’t helping right now...it’s delayed one watch I’m having made by one month at least. I imagine it’s doing the same to the supply of watch bands too. There are a few similar straps from Aussie sellers. I pulled the trigger on a few tonight from a seller in NSW (New South Wales). If they are any good I’ll let you know and post up a link.

What color & size were you looking for?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
What color & size were you looking for?

There were a few I was considering but hadn't made up my mind.

Was the Aussie seller you just placed an order with jweskies_time_co ?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yep. That’s the seller.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. That’s the seller.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Seems this watch is appropriate for an era where we're fighting an unseen and deadly predator. This arrived yesterday.

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Very nice rOgue! Your Arnie looks great on that NATO. I’m interested to hear how good the time keeping is. I thought about getting one of those myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Solar quartz. I can't imagine it is anything but excellent. I'm not one to monitor over months and report on watch timing. Too lazy to care about a few seconds a day.

We did head to the lake last night to catch an ISS pass. And I used the digi-display illumination to check precise time to know when to see it exactly. That was damn handy!

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Different elastic strap designs with their respect under the watch caseback material layers. This is why I asked my question earlier about how many layers the strap stickman428 recommended had. Smile

No layer

Single layer

Two layers

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t think I have many watches where I’d get to layers though the gap. Is that a helm? Ehhh maybe it isn’t..I can’t tell what it is..I can’t wait until mine is delivered this summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I REALLY like this Chinese made super clone. It keeps stupid good time for what it cost. Yeah I know...I shouldn’t be supporting counterfeiting because it’s enabling terrorism, bad stuff and climate change but I don’t really care. I dropped almost two grand to refurb my 99 Seamaster and this cheap piece of shit keeps just about the same time as my real SMP and does it in style.

I’m gonna scoop up the real deal and do an review on them on social media that is likely to hurt a lot of feelings. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t think I have many watches where I’d get to layers though the gap. Is that a helm? Ehhh maybe it isn’t..I can’t tell what it is..I can’t wait until mine is delivered this summer.

The picture of the two layers is deceiving in that only one layer goes through the space between the watch lugs and spring bar. But wearing it has two layers between the wrist and caseback.

Also just sent you email. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Locked down in the house, access to the net, no adult supervision - this is what happens.

King Turtle.

Ceramic bezel and sapphire crystal.

Strapcode super oyster replaces the rubber strap.

Wears real well. This one is from the Save the Ocean series, it is the Great White. Look at the seconds hand and you'll see a shark fin and at the 8 o'clock position on the bezel.

Great all around fun watch, total beater and with sapphire and ceramic, built to take it and look good long term.

4R36 movement, so no high horology, but stout and durable - made to last with little service.
So far since I got it Thursday, it gained 7 seconds and then gave them back, so it's right on the mark at present. Once it breaks-in I will have my guy regulate it.

Had to have a blue dial while my Sinn 206 is at the mother ship getting squared away.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love it man. Those turtles are great watches. When I go on adventures there is one watch I grab...my Seiko PADI Turtle. That says something about the greatness of that line of watches. You got a truly magnificent example. I love it! Cool maybe I got lucky but mine was only about 2 seconds off atomic time after a 2 week cruise and vacation to Florida. Those Seiko Turtles are superb watches in my experience.

Saint Thomas 2019...I don’t remember getting off that boat though sadly there are videos of me dancing my way through it. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
NICE! I don't believe I have seen the PADI with such a blue dial. Outstanding.

That's the thing with Seiko, they make short runs of one of a kind, snap 'em up while you can.

Mine's a JDM, bought it from Seiya in Tokyo. SE, so not limited, but probably only available this year, then on to other things.

For travel. I wear a first edition black Monster. Got it for $150 delivered, 7S26, so no big whoop if something happens.Now it's worth a bit more apparently.

I was fortunate to have stumbled onto Strapcode for better than OEM bracelets for Seiko, they even offer Rolex aftermarket bracelets.Screw links, SEL, but the clasps are not the best. Still, for @ $100 you can't go wrong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Snapping Twig,

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Can you get a good shot of the shark fin on the dial? That’s one of the nicest features on that Turtle.

**edited because my phone love to auto incorrect **

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Here's a vid showing it as well as other features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAgGaFmxbE