SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Glashutte Original Senator Chronograph Panarama Date

Dude... WOW!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crni4:
Just saw the update from HELM... that blue is not speaking to me. Frown

http://helmwatches.com/product-news.html?m

Yeah . . .NO.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that blue is hideous.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
This has been the year of Seiko buys for me. I'm finishing off the year with this Seiko Cocktail Time Starlight. I swapped the regular Cocktail Time strap for a brown one.

The more pictures I look at of that dial, the more I like it. Unfortunately, they've been all snapped up.

I've consoled myself by ordering the Sakura Hubuki version...of course, at a premium since they probably sold out at MSRP in probably less than a day...

Enjoy that watch. It is sweet.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
The more pictures I look at of that dial, the more I like it. Unfortunately, they've been all snapped up.

I've consoled myself by ordering the Sakura Hubuki version...of course, at a premium since they probably sold out at MSRP in probably less than a day...

Enjoy that watch. It is sweet.

Thanks Rob. It's a great looking and wearing watch. I've really been enjoying it. It was the first Seiko (Grand Seiko included) that I actually paid retail for. The Sakura Hubuki version is a beauty as well and I feel I might have missed the boat on that one. Wear it in good health and do post pics.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I scored a 1967 Accutron IN THE BOX!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cool watch, Mars.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Someone asked me the power reserve on the SLA017 62MAS Tribute. I finally ran a test and wanted to drop this off before I go off for a while.

57:25 minute from full wind sitting dial up.

Not bad!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIHH2018 is well underway. Any new pieces catch your eyes? This one has mine, titanium and platinum execution of the iconic AP Jumbo.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Received this today, an Alpina Seastrong. Swiss Made Automatic.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
I guess today is a day for new blue face divers with red bezels!! This just arrived. My first online trade. Few months ago I got a Tag and after the honeymoon period was quickly over, I realized I just like bigger watches. So WUS trade, and voila. Love it so far. Came with three bracelets. I don’t know why did I wait so long for my first Seiko, but it will certainly not be my last! ( I am looking at you Cocktail Time) Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Recommendations on a 46mm case auto with a date cyclops, colored second hand and tool steel design similar to a Maratac SR1?

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
Been wearing this for a couple of days after a long period of neglect.

After wearing a few different big divers for several weeks, it's like wearing nothing at all!

I want a different strap for it, though, as I don't think a NATO is appropriate on a Communist watch. Never gotten around to finding the right one, though.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
My brother gave me a new Seiko PADI Turtle for Christmas, with a Strapco jubilee. Gorgeous blue face.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I got this Seiko Recraft SNKM97 for my birthday.
Huge case, retro styling, love the green sunburst face. I replaced the metal bracelet for a distressed leather strap.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
Watch and dog;

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I brought my old Casio "Arnie" back to life today with a new battery and a tan NATO. It's been sitting in my drawer for years.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Here's my small collection:

Seiko I just bought. Nice watch for $60:

30's-40s? Criblez (Never heard of it, no google hits). In my Grandfather's possession when he passed in 1987.

Early 60's 14K gold Longines.

1945 CYMA British Army WWW (Watch, Wristlet, Waterproof). Know as a "Dirty Dozen", 12 Swiss companies made them. My father gave it to me about 20 years ago (he collects WWI/WWII military watches).

With incorrect NATO strap:

Back:

With beautifully made correct replica G10 leather strap by David at http://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/:

Once I find a reasonably price vintage Rolex Air King, I'll be happy with my collection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Here's my small collection:

Early 60's 14K gold Longines.

Really cool linen dial on that Longines.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post