SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've had NATOs from cheapnatostraps.com and BluShark's are nicer. The basic Blushark straps are heavier, and the deluxe ones are heavier still and the weave is better. The hardware is also an improvement.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yellow Jacket, I found them on the fleabay they are called “Premium Quality Herringbone 20mm 22mm Seatbelt Watch Band Nylon Nato Strap For M”. For a $16 Chinese copy it’s damn surprising in regards to quality. They have a great feel and look pretty good.

Geckota has some good NATO strap options as well. I have a Geckota diver that looks quite amazing on one of their own NATO straps.

Link to some good NATO straps

That Toxic NATOs N80 ShizNit will probably be the one I pick up next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
My very favorite NATO:

https://www.crownandbuckle.com...o-straps.html#page=1

Yep, they make some really nice NATO straps.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I tried Watch Candy Wrist Club for NATO and Zulu straps on TGV’s recommendation. Looks like quality to me.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That Zelos Bronze watch you guys liked so much developed an issue. The sellita sw200 movement has a weird malfunction where every other day the date wheel misaligns VERY badly. Quick set still works as it should and other than the misalignment the movement is ok.

Annoyed by this I contacted Zelos and in less than 24 hours I got a reply. They offered to fix it free of charge and sent me a shipping label! Back to Singapore it goes....hopefully not for too long.

So far Zelos has been pretty damn good about standing behind their product. I’ll keep y’all posted on how it all turns out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you think your "patina" had any cause in this?

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
No I don’t think it had any role in it. I doubt a watch with a 500m WR was damaged by being in a bag with a hard boiled egg. I don’t see how it could have. Everything else in the movement works perfectly and I’ve read about other people having the exact same issue with this movement in completely different watches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Zelos is using a different movement in their newest version of the Mako. They moved away from the SW-200 in favor of the Miyota 9015. I think the failure was probably a manufacturing defect. I’m wondering if the move to the 9015 was due to other sw200 failures? The 9015 mvmt is a cost saving move for sure but I wonder if that was the only reason they switched?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Ok. I was thinking out loud and wanted to be sure that it wasn't the reason why it had failed.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
SW-200 is a pretty common and solid movement. I've got 3 and never had an issue with any of them. I do have a Hamilton with and ETA 2824 that had an issue with the date wheel, but I think that was related to a pretty significant impact.

Hope they get it back up to snuff. That's a snazzy watch you've got there.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Sellita movements, this one has the SW210, which is a hand wound version of the SW200. I REALLY like it. After about two weeks it seems to be running right at 5 seconds fast a day with me winding it to full in the morning when I get up.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Zelos is using a different movement in their newest version of the Mako. They moved away from the SW-200 in favor of the Miyota 9015. I think the failure was probably a manufacturing defect. I’m wondering if the move to the 9015 was due to other sw200 failures? The 9015 mvmt is a cost saving move for sure but I wonder if that was the only reason they switched?

Sellita has had a terrible time with quality for a while now. It seems they are sourcing parts from china and machine assembling them in Switzerland.

I opened up a STP1-11 only to find it FILLED with chinese parts. The plates are Swiss, but everything else was outsourced. It had the same date problem on top of the canon pinion was out of spec. WAY out of spec.

Even Ball is having severe quality issues with Asian produced parts lately.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Mars, I did see some of the quality issues mentioned when I began looking into my issue online. Whether mine was part of a bad batch who knows. Zelos said the reason for the switch to a different movement was due to the 9015’s smaller size (which allows them to make a thinner Mako) excellent accuracy and a lower cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Well gents it finally arrived. 50th Anniversary Speedmaster.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It even has Niel's moon shot on the sub dial!

Love it!

Congratulations!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Furlough - that looks awesome! Wear it with pride.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
amazing watch Furlough. congrats

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Been waiting for 9 months since I ordered it and I am loving it.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
One cool thing they did - no numbers on the dial.

Except 11, because it was Apollo 11.

OK regular Speedmasters don't have numbers - I should have said the 11 is an anomaly!

Plato