SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Picked up this Elgin Deluxe on a vintage strap yesterday.

Brad, nice find! Beautiful piece. Is that a hand winding 641 or 673 caliber movement in your 1940-60s era piece?

Quite a departure from your Citizen Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Brad, nice find! Beautiful piece. Is that a hand winding 641 or 673 caliber movement in your 1940-60s era piece?

Quite a departure from your Citizen Big Grin

554 movement that dates 1946

Yup it's very different from my Citizen or Casio Wink

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Picked up this Elgin Deluxe on a vintage strap yesterday.

let's get a few close ups of this one. Very nice!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I posted this before, but tinypic is no more.
My Mom gave this to may Dad in 1962:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Another classic beauty!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!! That’s a beauty KZ!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
The linen dial on the Longines is wonderful. A great family watch, well deserving of a period strap. Perhaps an old Speidel bracelet or a nice two piece saffiano.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, my Mom has good taste Cool .

The strap is temporary.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Thanks all, my Mom has good taste Cool .

The strap is temporary.

Unquestionably.

Good; that beautiful Longines demands a beautiful strap.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Trying to make a trade + cash for something. Cross your fingers. Could be a rather rare manual wound coming soon. I swear a little part of me is motivated to get it done just for the benefit of this thread. Smile

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
r0gue,
Best of luck on that acquisition effort.

For me, the higher end watch buying days are over given my age. But that said I will admit if I ever came across a vintage Zodiac Sea-Chron #4557 in decent shape and for a reasonable price I would be sorely tempted. That was my first quality watch buy back in 1968. Panda white subdials on a black face, 39mm case, 200 meter depth rating, outer 60 minute rotating ring, and a Valijoux 72 chronograph manual wind movement. Long gone and still very much missed.

Wrote about it here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...730092064#4730092064

From a recent listing:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Trying to make a trade + cash for something. Cross your fingers. Could be a rather rare manual wound coming soon. I swear a little part of me is motivated to get it done just for the benefit of this thread. Smile

Fingers - and toes - crossed.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's the spirit!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
And I'm curious as to what r0gue might be selling! Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This will not be easy. I apologize in advance. But I'm just curious if anyone can get it...

Can anyone guess the maker?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Is it a Longines? It’s a beautiful case design. The polishing vs brushed areas and the way the lugs flow from the case is gorgeous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This one is too obscure to guess I'm afraid. But I've had my eye on them for many years. H. Moser and Cie. This one came in on trade at a local shop, and I was powerless to resist as it was the exact watch I yearned for when new. The very same exact one.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's a beaut r0gue.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
H. Moser and Cie. This one came in on trade at a local shop, and I was powerless to resist as it was the exact watch I yearned for when new. The very same exact one.

Quite stunning! So what has left the nest as part of the move to acquire this one? I'm almost afraid to ask. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
So what has left the nest as part of the move to acquire this one? I'm almost afraid to ask. Smile

A weird series of events led to my owning duplicate Polar Explorer IIs. I wanted to replace my "first good watch" and decided I needed one again. I was working on a deal for a holes-lug, complete set (box & papers). That deal fell through so I bought a watch only t-dial without B&P. Then, the deal for the full set resurfaced and I bought it thinking I'd sell the watch only. But then,.. I was torn for a long while because the full set wasn't a t-dial. So I debated and debated. ... and debated... and... Confused

Ultimately, I kept the T-dial watch only and let the full set go on trade for this watch. I had to add some cash, so the 1946 Breitling Premier chronograph will unfortunately have to go as well. The rest are safe for now. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: r0gue,