SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
This page needs some watch pictures.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ShneaSIG, your collection is way more focused than mine....

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Focused? Perhaps. Certainly smaller!

But, I'll work on that. Smile

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Excellent collections folks! Darn you ShneaSIG, now you've stirred the Datejust bone again. I love this one from Bob's. I can't download it to my iPhoto to host it so I just have a link.. Addicted to Blue Dials

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Excellent collections folks! Darn you ShneaSIG, now you've stirred the Datejust bone again. I love this one from Bob's. I can't download it to my iPhoto to host it so I just have a link.. Addicted to Blue Dials

Happy to help!

Say, have you asked brminpin about his blue dial Ball day date? If blue dials are your thing, look in the bottom left corner of brminpin's watch box.

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
quote:

If you're interested in a blue dialed Rolex, check this one out: http://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-114300blso.html.

I saw this particular model in person and just love the simplicity and beauty of the dial. The blue dial with just a touch of green next to the hour indices just look fantastic.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:

If you're interested in a blue dialed Rolex, check this one out: http://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-114300blso.html.

I saw this particular model in person and just love the simplicity and beauty of the dial. The blue dial with just a touch of green next to the hour indices just look fantastic.

Thank you for the link. With the exception of my old Datejust and GMT, all my other's were purchased with the blue dials. I'm not all that sure of the attraction but when I see them I'm really drawn to them. Black is nice also. I had a jeweler install one on my Datejust, a very classy look too.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those new (new last year) Oyster Perpetuals are very nice looking. They are sort of a latter-day Air King. They come in three sizes - 34mm like the Air King, 36mm like a Datejust, and 39mm which is a little larger, but not as big as the mega-watches that have been popular lately. The blue is only in the 39mm. Very nice in any size. Simple and clean.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Those new (new last year) Oyster Perpetuals are very nice looking. They are sort of a latter-day Air King. They come in three sizes - 34mm like the Air King, 36mm like a Datejust, and 39mm which is a little larger, but not as big as the mega-watches that have been popular lately. The blue is only in the 39mm. Very nice in any size. Simple and clean.

The 39mm wears very, very nicely!

-ShneaSIG

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

The 39mm wears very, very nicely!

Yes it does. I have a new-version Explorer in that size. For me it is perfect. A 36mm Datejust is a little small, although wearable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New favorite

Posts: 211 | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
But don't the trees
seem nice and full
Picture of Snailfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by POLLUX:
New favorite

That's a keeper.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Near Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
But don't the trees
seem nice and full
Picture of Snailfan
posted Hide Post

Classic Citizen Aqualand on a custom Kryptek Typhoon pattern strap.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Near Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
New favorite

Nice! Like diver with leather look. I may try that with my Marathon GSAR.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
New favorite

Assembled in the USA! Great choice!

-ShneaSIG

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snailfan:

Maybe it's just the photo, but is the case that big?

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
New favorite

Assembled in the USA! Great choice!

what brand and model number is this thank you Sir

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]what brand and model number is this thank you Sir[/QUOTE]

It's a Hexa Osprey.

http://www.hexawatches.com

Posts: 211 | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
But don't the trees
seem nice and full
Picture of Snailfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Snailfan:

Maybe it's just the photo, but is the case that big?

It's big, but by today's standards not too big. I believe it's 48mm to to bottom, 51mm 9 to 3 position to includ the sensor but not the crown.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Say, have you asked brminpin about his blue dial Ball day date? If blue dials are your thing, look in the bottom left corner of brminpin's watch box.

Yes, in a previous post in this thread I had asked him about the size of it and looked at some different Ball watches to include his model. I'm going to take this Yachtmaster and the Cellini both into a local watchmaker to get an appraisal and look at some of his collections. I've already bought a few from him in the past at Gables Watch. Here is the Yachtmaster I have with a blue dial. I also had a few Subs with the blue dials, can't shake the blue dial fetish.

Beautiful watch!

I don't have a blue dial... yet.

-ShneaSIG