SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I finally got around to putting a new strap on my Dad's watch. I'd posted before that my mother gave it to hime in 1946. Thanks to r0gue for his generosity in gifting me this fine lizard strap!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
kz1000 - love that Hudson Alarm watch!

In going through my Grandfather's watch stash, I found a Helbros with a functioning alarm. The "analog" is pretty cool!

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That looks great! I'm very pleased that strap finally has a home -- particularly one that is so special.

quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I finally got around to putting a new strap on my Dad's watch. I'd posted before that my mother gave it to hime in 1946. Thanks to r0gue for his generosity in gifting me this fine lizard strap!

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
pulicords, The blue band looks great. You’re right it does work with the blue fade on the dial. Very nice!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
The only thing I have against the SIGforum is that it’s such an enabler! Wink Y’all showing off your watches makes it difficult to resist temptation. I was especially impressed by the Sinn watches, bald1’s in particular. So, I decided to pick one up. Got the entry level Sinn 104 and opted for the white face. Went with the silicon band (also came with the blue leather) and is it ever comfortable. So far, I couldn’t be happier… very classy, good looking and easy to wear. Already considering other models.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
^^^^ OH MY GOODNESS!! Eek

It’s gorgeous! White dial, rotating bezel, automatic, AND day/date complications. Damn dude. It’s perfect. Very nice watch!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
New shoes for an old friend. Turns out a 20mm mesh band will fit on 19mm lugs if you give the links a tender and gentle squeeze...

Not quite as grippy as the factory Tissot band but it looks better than the rubber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I was especially impressed by the Sinn watches, bald1’s in particular. So, I decided to pick one up. Got the entry level Sinn 104 and opted for the white face. Went with the silicon band (also came with the blue leather) and is it ever comfortable. So far, I couldn’t be happier… very classy, good looking and easy to wear. Already considering other models.

Congratulations! Excellent choice with the white dial. Big Grin Sinn makes great timepieces.

And for those who note the countdown bezel on that Sinn 104, here's a good article about all types of bezels.
https://monochrome-watches.com...he-different-scales/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought a lot of mechanical/automatic divers over the past 14 months or so. This one is hands down one of THE best bang for your buck and offers excellent accuracy and a power reserve gauge which in the sub $500 category is pretty cool. Strength, good bezel action, reserve indicator and good Q/C. Damn good bang for buck!...it kinda spoils you actually. With all it offers at such a decent price.

Orient Triton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Both that Sinn and the Orient are really sweet. Great colors and designs. I've considered both brands several times. I'm actually surprised I haven't had one yet at the pace I bring them in and send them back out again. Smile

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, might be a good idea for a yellow and green faced watch if they make them. I'll have to look.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
JHE888, How are you liking that bronze watch? Its probably one of the more exciting things I’ve seen come from out of France in recent memory. Has it started to acquire any patina? My two brass watches dulled very quickly but my bronze watches retain a bit more shine. I really love the warm look and feel of a brass or a bronze watch. Nothing against a good stainless watch, I own and love quite a few of those watches but for me at least right now the brass and bronzers are where it’s at. I can’t wait to get mine in some salt water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
JHE888, How are you liking that bronze watch? Its probably one of the more exciting things I’ve seen come from out of France in recent memory. Has it started to acquire any patina? My two brass watches dulled very quickly but my bronze watches retain a bit more shine. I really love the warm look and feel of a brass or a bronze watch. Nothing against a good stainless watch, I own and love quite a few of those watches but for me at least right now the brass and bronzers are where it’s at. I can’t wait to get mine in some salt water.

I like it a lot. I am waiting for a new strap. It will be similar to the leather strap it came with, but it will 1) fit me, and 2) be a little better quality.

The case is darkening. I'll post a photo later, I am not wearing it right now.

Edit:

I also got word the strap I ordered is on its way. The tropic rubber strap is okay, but I don't love it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I just swapped out the Oyster bracelet on my Rolex JC DSSD for a "Rubber B" band.

Very nice! I had a Rubber B strap on one of my Subs, then on another one I went with the Everest rubber strap. Really liked both of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got my beater back from the watchmaker. Big Grin I know the Seamaster comes with a superb bracelet but the best band for a diver like this is mesh. Man I love this watch! Light, comfy, easy on the eyes and oh so accurate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Bathyscaphe

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! A Blancpain!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
A 1959 Elgin Harper I just finished.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Bathyscaphe

Very nice! Too rich for my blood.

Congrats!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
A 1959 Elgin Harper I just finished.

RMD

I love it! My Dad wore an Elgin a lot like that one. In fact, it was this one! --