SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I got a couple of new straps

May I be the first to ask where you got those great straps? My Hamilton could use a new one. Cool

I got them from www.cheapestnatostraps.com

They are decent quality... nothing special. But they are cheap... $15 apiece.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Where is a good place to get a tool for changing links? Local places did mine and dinged the link so I'd like to swap it out.

Just got a Citizen from Dave Truong.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Where is a good place to get a tool for changing links?

If you're in the US, I like Otto Frei.

http://www.ofrei.com/page237.html

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
We're due to warm this thread up. I actually recieved this watch quite a few weeks ago. The OEM strap was far too long, so rather than punching a new hole so I could wear it immediately, and then ordering a new short strap, I put it away entirely and was patient. It took me a few weeks to decide what I wanted which was essentially a replication of the OEM, but in wrist size instead of thigh or waist. ;^)

My Jaeger-LeCoultre was on my wrist yesterday afternoon with my new (quite short) Camille Fournet custom! I find this watch very hard to photograph but very nice to wear.

Anyway, some rather poor iPhone pics! The dial floats from silver to champaign, the second hand is black, except when it's blue, which is seldom, but sometimes.

Posts: 11357 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
That JLC Master is mighty sexy, R0gue. I'd take a Master over a Reverso any day. Great time piece!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
That JLC Master is mighty sexy, R0gue. I'd take a Master over a Reverso any day. Great time piece!

Thanks! I agree the Reverso is not for me. I like the size of their Tribute to 1931, but a watch with no second hand is lifeless.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Navitimer is a present to myself...the Aerospace was a present from the wife a few years ago.

Damn I like them both....

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

Thanks! I agree the Reverso is not for me. I like the size of their Tribute to 1931, but a watch with no second hand is lifeless.

The Tribute to 1931 has fantastic dials - perhaps my favorites from current offerings from JLC. In truth, I really appreciate the Reversos - they just don't wear well for me.

I allllllmost picked up a Master Control with a moon phase, but wound up going in a different direction for that purchase. It remains high on my list!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG: In truth, I really appreciate the Reversos - they just don't wear well for me.

That's why the 31 Tribute is my fav of them all. It's smaller (less tall). Most are so tall and FLAT that the strap drops right off the wrist instead of laying well and wrapping. I like them, but they're not for me I guess.

posted Hide Post
r0gue - Where did you get the strap for your Jaeger-LeCoultre?

I found the company, how do you like it??

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're due to warm this thread up. I actually recieved this watch quite a few weeks ago. The OEM strap was far too long, so rather than punching a new hole so I could wear it immediately, and then ordering a new short strap, I put it away entirely and was patient. It took me a few weeks to decide what I wanted which was essentially a replication of the OEM, but in wrist size instead of thigh or waist. ;^)

My Jaeger-LeCoultre was on my wrist yesterday afternoon with my new (quite short) Camille Fournet custom! I find this watch very hard to photograph but very nice to wear.

Anyway, some rather poor iPhone pics! The dial floats from silver to champaign, the second hand is black, except when it's blue, which is seldom, but sometimes.

very strong.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
r0gue - Where did you get the strap for your Jaeger-LeCoultre?
I found the company, how do you like it??

In a word, the Camille Fournet strap is "Superb"! It should be for the price of course. But this is a case of you get what you pay for, AND it is exactly as you wish down to the most minute details. All of these specs for just this one strap!

- DELIVERY AREA : USA
- MATERIAL : MATTE SQUARE-SCALED ALLIGATOR (034)
- COLOR : BLACK (001)
- BUCKLE : NO BUCKLE
- WIDTH : 20/16 MM - AT THE CASE/AT THE BUCKLE
- LENGTH : GENT XS - 105 / 65MM - STRAP LOCATED AT 6:00 / STRAP LOCATED AT 12:00
- TYPE OF FITTING AT CASE : CURVED
- TIP : OGIVE
- HOLES : ROUND HOLES
- PROFILE : ROUND
- THICKNESS : 4.0 MM --- Used my micrometers to measure the OEM!
- FINISH : BLACK WAXED EDGES
- STITCHING : MACHINE STITCHED STANDARD THREAD - STITCHED AT THE BUCKLE
- THREAD COLOR : BLACK
- LINING : BLACK, MATTE ROUND-SCALED ALLIGATOR (052001)
- WATCH MODEL : JAEGER-LECOULTRE MASTER CONTROL DATE Q1548420

I highly recommend the extra $30 for the round scaled alligator skin lining. Luxuriously supple.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Ball Engineer III Silverstar 46mm

I tried to get a pic of LL Cool J's crazy rolex presidential as he sat behind me on my flight but was unable to do so Razz

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
LL Cool J

Ha! "Ummm, excuse me Mr. Cool Jay?,..... may I photograph your watch for my watch friends on a gun forum?"

Crazy world!

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
LL Cool J

Ha! "Ummm, excuse me Mr. Cool Jay?,..... may I photograph your watch for my watch friends on a gun forum?"

Crazy world!

Precisely, his mama would have likely told him to knock me out

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This just in. Seiko SLA017 62MAS.

MOst awesomeEst Seiko I've ever owned. Love it!

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
MOst awesomeEst Seiko I've ever owned.

That IS an awesome Seiko. (Of course for the price it ought to be.) They did a great job of recreating the look of the 1965 version. I wish I could afford one. I wonder how long before all 2000 of them are sold (if they aren't already).

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's an awesome watch. I'm waiting for the baby brother (SPB053) of the SLA017 to come out in the fall.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:

That's an awesome watch. I'm waiting for the baby brother (SPB053) of the SLA017 to come out in the fall.

BIG baby brother. Almost 3mm bigger at 42.6mm

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
MOst awesomeEst Seiko I've ever owned.

That IS an awesome Seiko. (Of course for the price it ought to be.) They did a great job of recreating the look of the 1965 version. I wish I could afford one. I wonder how long before all 2000 of them are sold (if they aren't already).

They aren't out yet, but they're cooking through them at this moment. Any of the shops allotments are likely long gone. All of them I called were taking names in case of cancellations and weren't discounting at all. I figured if there were no discounts, I'd use the Seiko Boutique. They at least had lots of swag to dole out and you get a 4 year warranty when buying from them.