SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

Well, if you end up selling that Lunar Pilot please, put it here so I could have a shot at it. Thanks!!

You bet, SF members get first dibs.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope I wasn’t talking out of line. But, a chance at that got me all excited. Thank you.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Here's a fake Tag Heuer I picked up at the Flea Market for $10.
Miyota automatic movement(chinese). It's actually keeping time.
I either give ti to Marzy or use it as trading fodder.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
I’ve been looking hard at the Bulova Lunar Pilot watch, the chronograph replicating the Apollo 15 watch.

...aaannd a month-and-a-half since making that post, I finally pulled the trigger on one. I got distracted by a few other models, but ultimately decided to go with my first instinct and get the one I wanted in the first place...and not get distracted by other Shiny Things.

Should be here in a week or so...as my first chrono, really looking forward to its arrival.

...aannd the chronograph function doesn't work. Mad Arrived yesterday, tested it today...no go. Talk about the high and lows of watch acquistion. Frown

I don't have a whole lot of patience for stuff like this. Not sure if I should return the thing to the seller and be done with it, or send it to Bulova (with whom I troubleshot the watch this morning and, yep, they confirmed: doesn't work) for warranty repair.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well, that certainly sucks. I would send it to Bulova. They will probably simply send you a replacement.

Good Luck,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Well, that certainly sucks. I would send it to Bulova. They will probably simply send you a replacement.

Good Luck,

RMD

Seller ended up offering refund or replacement, so opted for a new replacement via the seller rather than Bulova's offer to send it in for repair under warranty. I was tempted to go the refund route, but given that mine is the only example I've heard of that had such a functional problem, I'll just chalk it up to uniquely bad luck and look forward to one that works as well as the other 99.999999% of them out there.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
There's nothing worse than getting a new toy that doesn't work. Glad it's going to work out for you.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I haven't been jonesing for a new watch since I got the Alpinist.

However I stumbled into another Vostok recently. Hopefully it will arrive in a couple days

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Have you guys heard of the Colion Noir “#SteelWaiting” challenge? As in still waiting for this gun to come alive and shoot someone. Basically guys post pictures of their guns with watches with the steelwaiting hashtag on instagram. I think it’s a fun idea. My submission

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Ha! I love it!

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I gotta buy a crapload of more watches! Nice.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

The Bond NATO looks great, but the black and red one ought to be the cat's pajamas. Post a photo, will you?

I agree. Can't wait for the black and red strap. I actually ordered that one first a full week ago last Thursday direct from the BluShark website. Taking forever to arrive. The Bond I got off amazon; it came in a day.

There'll be a photo for sure.

The strap finally arrived, but not before I had to go to Tampa for a few days. Just got back and was able to try it out. Definitely was not disappointed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Looks good, Balze.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Getting warm outside, so I went with a nato that had a little more pizzazz. On the trusty Amphibia 710. I do have a Scuba Dude Vostok in the 090 tonneau case incoming soon.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
In Soviet Russia you no check watch, watch checks you! Wink

But seriously, nice watch. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Getting warm outside, so I went with a nato that had a little more pizzazz. On the trusty Amphibia 710. I do have a Scuba Dude Vostok in the 090 tonneau case incoming soon.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

Good Luck,

RMD

Seller ended up offering refund or replacement, so opted for a new replacement via the seller rather than Bulova's offer to send it in for repair under warranty. I was tempted to go the refund route, but given that mine is the only example I've heard of that had such a functional problem, I'll just chalk it up to uniquely bad luck and look forward to one that works as well as the other 99.999999% of them out there.

Thought I'd update this little saga: The replacement arrived yesterday, and works great. Still a little gunshy, I watched it overnight and tested it several more times, but all was well and I got the bracelet sized this morning. Smile

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
All's well that ends well. Enjoy it.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Wearing the 2d generation Orange Monster today. I sometimes forget how much I like this one. And this one was inexpensive. They raised the price with the 3d generation.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Wearing the 2d generation Orange Monster today. I sometimes forget how much I like this one. And this one was inexpensive. They raised the price with the 3d generation.

[

They sure did. I wouldn't mind replacing my 1st Gen. Orange Monster with a 3rd Gen., with its upgraded 6R15 movement and date cyclops, but not for $500 - $600 (if you can even find one).

Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
just got my wife a new watch for our anniversary
certina DS podium lady 33 red

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post