SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nice PADI!

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Nice PADI!

Indeed!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Anybody heard about these? Not a bad looking dive watch.. Monta Watch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Kurtz got this new Seiko Turtle, and asked me to post the photos. Nice watch!

You broke me. Mine will be here tomorrow. My wife is going to kill me!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor: You broke me. Mine will be here tomorrow.

Congratulations! I was about to get one, too, after seeing that picture...then my 18-year-old Ford Ranger's engine blew up yesterday. Sigh! No more "discretionary spending" for a while.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor: You broke me. Mine will be here tomorrow.

Congratulations! I was about to get one, too, after seeing that picture...then my 18-year-old Ford Ranger's engine blew up yesterday. Sigh! No more "discretionary spending" for a while.

Yep. I understand completely. I hope I didn't tempt the gods with this purchase.

RMD

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've been resisting a Turtle myslef. I have several dive watches, though, including an Omega that needs a service, so it is hard to justify another.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm just not bonding with the PADI turtle. Have to travel this weekend and will make a decision Monday about it. Its staying home in the watch box.

May be going on the block to sell.

RMD

posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a Rolex GMT Master II? Would like to ask a few questions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marlin Fan,

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
My new TAG Heuer WAZ-1012

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I was the recipient of a great gift this weekend. I believe I posted about it back last winter, but we lost my Dad's baby brother on February 4 of this year to pancreatic cancer. He was 55.

He and I were close and we shared a lot of interests... we all love to hunt, but he and I both loved to fly fish, as well. We talked on the phone frequently and would hunt and fish together. He was the most gentle and loving person I've ever know. He was a peacemaker, and he was extremely well-regarded by everyone who knew him. He was as close to Christ-like as anybody I've ever met. My descriptions really can't do him justice and I assume people believe me to be exaggerating when I talk about how good a man he was.

Well, anyways, Sunday afternoon my aunt gave me his watch. They have two daughters and I had sent word months back that if they ever decided to sell the watch that I would like to buy it.

I am beyond honored to receive such a gift. Its something that I'll cherish as long as I'm alive and will either go to my son or to a future grandson of his one day.

Omega Seamaster Pro 300M 2252.50. The warranty card in the box says he got it in 2004.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, YellowJacket, on a treasured gift and wonderful rememberance. It clearly went to the right home.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
This created great consternation over at WUS. The kind people stopped short of calling me a heretic, but a guy from the Maldives let loose about my tastes.

I detest the PADI bracelet and had to do something. I have expanded the ends of the strap now and there is no gap between the lugs.

RMD

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor: ...I have expanded the ends of the strap now and there is no gap between the lugs.

How did you do that?

Oh, and new photo or it didn't happen. ;-)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Not water and stretching the strap back into shape. I had to compress the strap ends to force the fat bars thru.

I'll get you a new pix tomorrow.

RMD

I put the blue strap on it. Used some liquid soap and water to lube the spring bars. worked well.

RMD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rduckwor,

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
My humble collection of Seiko Diver's watches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor: I put the blue strap on it.

Nice. I liked the red strap, but the blue really looks great.

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee: My humble collection of Seiko Diver's watches.

Nice collection.

I see you're in Everett. Me, too. So, what's your address, and when is your collection unattended? ;-)

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee: My humble collection of Seiko Diver's watches.

Nice collection.

I see you're in Everett. Me, too. So, what's your address, and when is your collection unattended? ;-)

Hi Brian O,

Which one do you like? I'll PM you my address and I will leave the watch of your choice at the front porch. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee: Which one do you like? I'll PM you my address and I will leave the watch of your choice at the front porch. :-)

I like 'em all, but the one that's second from the left is my favorite.

But the thought of "Eat lead, Seiko thief!" being the last words I ever hear gives me pause.
I think I'll stick to my cheap Casio dive watch and my Cressi dive computer for now.