SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Anyone popped the bezel off a Marathon SAR, JSAR, GSAR, MSAR or any SAR?

Mine is filthy and now omnidirectional and I need to clean and repair it.

Hopefully it is like a SEIKO bezel.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

RMD

Years ago, I tried and failed and after doing some research online, it is pretty discouraged to try to take it off. Not like a Seiko bezel at all.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping to make this my next one. Wanted a Freak since 2001 (launch year). In black metal, the focus is squarely on the iconic mechanism.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is anyone familiar with the Bulova Accu Swiss Chronograph with the SW500 movement? Costco has some online for $319.

I get some conflicting info doing google searches as to whether they have been discontinued or not. It seems they only began selling them in 2016. I wonder if Bulova (now owned by Citizen) has moved all operations to Japan and abandoned their “Swiss Made” line.

Link to watch on Costco website:
https://m.costco.com/Bulova-Ac...-Stainless-Steel-Men's-Automatic-Watch.product.100352862.html

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
It's a Sellita Swiss movement and not Japanese.

That watch has the lyre bracelet lugs and looks a LOT like a Speedmaster! Big Grin

I WANT the all stainless 63C120.
That is a GREAT price on the one you have listed.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
quote:

RMD

Years ago, I tried and failed and after doing some research online, it is pretty discouraged to try to take it off. Not like a Seiko bezel at all.

Damn! That's what I feared. Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I think you misunderstood what he said. He knows that this watch has a Swiss movement; but he said it seems to have been discontinued, and he wonders if it's because Bulova has moved all future manufacturing to Japan.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:

I think you misunderstood what he said. He knows that this watch has a Swiss movement; but he said it seems to have been discontinued, and he wonders if it's because Bulova has moved all future manufacturing to Japan.

Yup.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Get the Swiss Bulova while you can, as they are going to explode in value.

Bulova has been bought out by Citizen and everything good about them has been phased out.

Even their awesome tuning fork logo.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
quote:

Yup.

Ah yes, I misunderstood. Trying to take care of sick wife and look at watches and all!

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:...everything good about them has been phased out. Even their awesome tuning fork logo.

Say it isn't so!

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Maybe I'm getting older, but I'm starting to appreciate a more simple watch.

This is a reality. I had a Chronograph/Lunar that I loved, but the fine details of the face as well as the sundials were too small. Sold it. Missed it so much I bought another of the same. Kept that about two years and realized I just couldn't make it work. The guilloche was incredible on this one: (eta - damn that pic was huge, sorry. This is a little better.)

How about just a link? Wink

Worst thing is the only watch on my wish list right now is also a chronograph, though slightly larger and better laid out. I keep telling myself it will be different this time....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:...everything good about them has been phased out. Even their awesome tuning fork logo.

Say it isn't so!

GRAB them while you can!

Mine is on its way!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Quick wrist check

Bought some NATOs from WUS and pulled the original leather off. Still need to grab up a black one. But, I'm liking the gun metal and cream going on. Also looks great with the Veggie Tales sheets in my son's bed.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
quote:

RMD

Damn! That's what I feared. Thanks,

RMD

The answer for those of you with Marathon watches.

Ugh!! Back to the factory.

"
Removing the bezel requires a proprietary tool. Regular bezel removing tools would be too weak for our bezel.
Please send the watch in using the attached form so that we can look after the issues for you.
The shipping instructions are described on page 2 of the form. Please follow them literally."

RMD

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My first Bulova Accu-Swiss Chronograph arrived today. The Swiss movement has been discontinued for a Japanese movement.

I ordered two, one in stainless with a bracelet and one in rose with a leather deployment strap.

The quality of this watch is simply amazing. The bracelet is not stamped sheet metal, but solid, high quality links.

The original retail of these were $1200+, but with them being discontinued, they can be had for $300. An outstanding value for a Swiss watch, much less a chronograph.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
The answer for those of you with Marathon watches.

Ugh!! Back to the factory.

"
Removing the bezel requires a proprietary tool. Regular bezel removing tools would be too weak for our bezel.
Please send the watch in using the attached form so that we can look after the issues for you.
The shipping instructions are described on page 2 of the form. Please follow them literally."

RMD

They want it to go back to Canada?!

I know their service agent in the US is IWW/Jack Alexyon in NC as I had him service mine last year.

Maybe write him an email to see if he has the tool.

info@internationalwatchworks.com

Be patient on a reply though. He may take a day or two to respond but, once you get a response, if you have a follow-up quesion, ask it immediately because he's sitting at his computer and he'll likely respond right away.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
If I may be pedantic for a minute.

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
My first Bulova Accu-Swiss Chronometer Chronograph...

That said. STUNNING watch there. Wish I had the funds to pick one up.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I want video of the Chronograph sweeping!