SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Loving that Samurai, Tooky!

Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Inspired by a friend who shared a nice wrist shot of his gold late '50s Zenith white dial manual wind dress watch with 6 o'clock seconds register, I'm posting this query.

Never been one drawn to "dress" watches as I've always been more of a "tool" watch kind of guy. Yes, mechanical chronographs, divers, and GMTs are what I prefer. And big, up to 48mm, works best for me as well.

That said I inherited a ~1965 Omega Constellation "Pie-Pan" and within the last year acquired two inexpensive white dialed Bauhaus design inspired quartz numbers, all of which are of the "dress" type of wristwatch. My gold ELKA rebranded Lemania two register chrono may be as much a dress as tool watch too. They don't get anywhere near the wrist time as my "tool" pieces but do provide an interesting change of pace.

What are your preferences?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
What are your preferences?

My watch "collection" would fit in any single slot in your display case. Smile Certina HAQ with chronograph and moon phases.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
Certina HAQ with chronograph and moon phases.

Picture?

On my wrist today: circa 1984 Heuer 510.503 with Lemania 5100 movement; beadblasted Sinn 157 bracelet:

Older shot of the dial:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That Heuer is wonderful!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
Certina HAQ with chronograph and moon phases.

Picture?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Love the Heuer, been thinking about a 'birthyear' piece recently, & that almost fits, just off a couple years.

I'm a sucker for a blue dial, so quite like that Certina as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
^^^

That certina is nice! I like it.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
bald1, that '84 Heuer is super cool!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
bald1, that '84 Heuer is super cool!

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Love the Heuer

quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
That Heuer is wonderful!

Thanks guys! Here's the old catalog page. BTW I have the original bracelet but just liked the Sinn style better. Had to have it beadblasted to match the Heuer case though. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I scored a Bulova Oceanographer aka devil diver (due to the 666 WR) for a damn low price off the fleabay. It has some battle damage on the bezel insert at the 9:30 mark which was why I got it so cheap. It’s a reissue of a diver they made in the 1970’s. (Reissue of their 1972 diver I believe)

It reminds me of my Seiko baby turtle, the feel and look is quite similar. The Miyota movement is quite accurate though it would have been better for Bulova/Citizen to use the 9015 movement which would have added hacking.

Overall it’s a neat watch with a super cool retro vibe.

It could easily be mistaken for a Seiko baby turtle in this pic.

What a cool dial!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Great find, stickman!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I remember those from when they were new releases back in the day.

I was thoroughly impressed and wished I could afford one at the time.

Great find!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Today I opted for my late '70s re-branded Lemania 9803PA 2 register 1340 22 jewel chronograph. 38.5mm is a tad smaller than my preference but it looks and wears very well. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
This is probably the craziest watch picture I have ever seen.

This picture is the best one I have taken of my 3 favorite watches.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

Love that Omega!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
1s1k:
I'll be THAT guy---the watches show different times............... Wink

"A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never sure."
Segal's Law

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

Love that Omega!

Thank you. Anniversary gift from my wife.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
1s1k:
I'll be THAT guy---the watches show different times............... Wink

"A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never sure."
Segal's Law

Mechanical watches and I don’t believe in watch winders. Smile

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Picked up one of my grail watches recently, a Speedmaster Moonwatch. Found one that has all the original packaging and manual. From the S/N, I figure it’s circa 2005-2006. Even came with all the bracelet links. It’s in very nice shape, although there are some tiny nicks along the bottom edge of case near the S/N. Having fun trying different straps, including NATOs, leather, rubber & sailcloth.

And here's a few of the watchbands I've been wearing it on...

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post