SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Dangit, y'all. I've got the itch for an SKX007 now.

That rubber band will have to go away in a skinny minute, but I do like the watch a lot. I want a Monster, too, but I don't like the magnifier on the crystal.

God bless America.

Posts: 13426 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love the SKX007. I have the orange variant but I don’t own a stock (unmodified SKX) SKX007. An aftermarket company just released a titanium case for the SKX007. I love how much parts support it enjoys. The Turtle is my fav Seiko but the SKX & Samurai are high on my list.

Did you guys see the new Gnomon exclusive Steinie 39 marine blue that was released today? The Tudor snowflake hands look great on that blue dial. Going by the serial numbers still available the first 100 are selling out damn fast!!!!

Link to the watch on Gnomon Ocean 39 Marine Blue limited edition

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I love the SKX007. I have the orange variant but I don’t own a stock (unmodified SKX) SKX007.

Ah yes, the SKX011J Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You guys are killin' me with these orange divers! Big Grin

I wish I had gotten into the watch game a few years back, before Seiko's pricing started to go from reasonable to "no thanks."

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post

(stay tuned)

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaand just like that the marine blue Gnomon special edition Steinhart is sold out. Whoa that was fast! I love the little Tudor Oyster Prince homage, it looks close to the real deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge, Jomashop is running a damn tempting sale on a black ion finished save the ocean Turtle. $299 shipped is a heck of a deal.

Link to sale on Seiko Turtle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

(stay tuned)

One of the Rolexes? I don't think so, but I don't know what else to guess.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love the SKX007.

Gaaahhh! Dangit!

Stickman and Jomashop are gonna get me in trouble!

"Responsible vthoky" says I can't buy another before I sell one, though... danged Responsible vthoky! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13426 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
That reminds me... on the purely mechanical side, I have a Bulova you and BrianO may enjoy seeing. I'll try to get some pics shortly.

Here's the skeleton Bulova, fellas:

And my grandfather's Bulova, on a Speidel Twist-O-Flex. Cool Big Grin

God bless America.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
(stay tuned)

One of the Rolexes? I don't think so, but I don't know what else to guess.

Nope. But in fact, I am trading my no-date Sub bought just this past June. I can't have those lugs on my Sub when the new model exists with the (fixed) trimmer lugs.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
P220 Smudge, Jomashop is running a damn tempting sale on a black ion finished save the ocean Turtle. $299 shipped is a heck of a deal.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Thankfully, that one isn't calling my name at the moment.

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Stickman and Jomashop are gonna get me in trouble!

He's a baaaaad man. He's gonna get you in trouble and me killed in my sleep. Big Grin

Those Bulovas of yours are nice. A lot of the skeleton watches I'm seeing look kind of garish and very busy looking, but that one, I find classy and still easy to read.

Speaking of Bulova, this is more calling my name than the Seiko:
https://www.jomashop.com/bulova-watch-96b322.html

I know, it's more, but they're both out of the budget right now anyway. I find myself drawn to Bulova's simple, clean designs. After all, it was this watch that kicked off my recent interest anyways:

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nice Bulovas, Smudge! And thank you.

I'm drawn to the brand because my grandfather wore Bulova, and my uncle had a jewelry shop and wore an Accutron for a while.

I like the skeleton Bulova I have, but I wear it next-to-never. I should probably find it a home where it would be worn and not kept in a case. Granddad's Bulova is just cool to have because it was his. I had it serviced and cleaned a number of years ago, but don't wear it.

God bless America.

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My only problem with Jomashop is what I want they don't have in stock.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
My Father in Law and I shared many interests. Watches were among them. It was his wish that this one pass on to me. I never wanted to receive it this way, but I'm going to cherish it and wear it on many adventures, especially on motorcycle trips, which was another of his passions.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So this was my daily wearer, and will be again after the broken wrist is healed. I’m quite happy with this watch.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Wow, the vintage Orient Ray type case!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Awesome Casio photo goes here...

Casio makes really good stuff.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a great looking Phoibos!!!

I just got a Phoibos Leviathan. They make amazing watches. I am 100% blown away by this bronze Phoibos.

In-depth review coming soon. Until then a teaser pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~