SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've purchased from Jomashop with no trouble whatsoever. I've never had to return a watch to them, though.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have been VERY pleased with my Jomashop purchases.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Tell me Sigforum members what's the difference between a 300 dollar watch and a 3000 dollar watch? I'm considering another watch. A dress watch is what I really need. I like the Hamilton Jazz Master. But, 600 dollars is a bit much for a watch I'll only wear maybe two or three times a year.

A $300 watch will have either an Asian mechanical or electric movement. Citizen and Seiko make GREAT watches, but Swiss command a premium.

You CAN get a Hamilton automatic (ETA 2824-2) for under $600.

https://www.jomashop.com/ha.ht...utomatic&order=price

As Hamilton goes, I'm a fan of the Khaki King (Linky) -- also available with the metal bracelet. It's casual enough to be an everyday watch, classy enough to be a dress watch.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Strap for my trench watch arrived from England yesterday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Tha trench watch looks good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Strap for my trench watch arrived from England yesterday.

Who made your strap? Do they have url?

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who made your strap? Do they have url?

[URL=vintagewatchstraps.com ]vintagewatchstraps.com [/URL]

Here's another he made for me:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Someone here posted a while back their Vostok Amphibian, I like the look and did some searching. This is an Amphibian with the Sub Captain dial. This thing is an unrefined piece of crap. I love it! Reminds me of the Russian tanks and equipment I got to play with in the 80's while stationed in West Germany.

The strap it came with is decent looking but cheap. I think I will find another for it.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I guess I broke your thread with my Russian awesomeness. I ordered a couple of straps for it. Ordered a Blu Shark in black/grey from Amazon. $18. I think it will look better on a grey faced Citizen I have

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They were out of the black/red in 22mm so I ordered an Artstyle brand for $8.99. I really do like it. The buckles are a bit over sized, was a bit uncomfortable at first. So far, I can recommend them

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Who has gone from bracelet to strap? Thinking about it for my Citizen F150 (a lot cheaper than buying a new watch).
From what I can find, it's a 43mm lug, will a 42mm band have too much 'play'? Anything else to consider prior to ordering one?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Who has gone from bracelet to strap? Thinking about it for my Citizen F150 (a lot cheaper than buying a new watch).
From what I can find, it's a 43mm lug, will a 42mm band have too much 'play'? Anything else to consider prior to ordering one?

43mm sounds like case diameter, not lug width, which should be anywhere from 18-22, typically.

For me, I've gone back to bracelet most of the time. Especially in the heat of the summer.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

43mm sounds like case diameter, not lug width, which should be anywhere from 18-22, typically.

For me, I've gone back to bracelet most of the time. Especially in the heat of the summer.

Sorry, you're right. 22mm band on a 23mm lug.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
What's the skinny on the Citizen automatics? Are automatics in the sub $100 range junk?

The seller "tickertime" on ebay has tons of those and Seiko 5 automatics. Most all are < $100.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
What's the skinny on the Citizen automatics? Are automatics in the sub $100 range junk?

The seller "tickertime" on ebay has tons of those and Seiko 5 automatics. Most all are < $100.

Seiko 5s are renowned for their value. An absolute standard in the watch collecting world. Just about everyone needs to own an SNK809 at one time or another. 5s have the same 7S26 movement in them as the SKX divers and a lot of other Seiko watches up to $300 or so.

The Citizens are fine too but if you find one in a style that you like, I'd get a Seiko 5 instead.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's exaclty what I just did with a well worn Eco that I have had for a while. Brought it back to life. Sorry I do not have a before pic. Blu Shark grey/black

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:

Seiko 5s are renowned for their value. An absolute standard in the watch collecting world. Just about everyone needs to own an SNK809 at one time or another. 5s have the same 7S26 movement in them as the SKX divers and a lot of other Seiko watches up to $300 or so.

The Citizens are fine too but if you find one in a style that you like, I'd get a Seiko 5 instead.

For good or for bad, one of the Citizens caught my eye. It has the 8200A movement. It will be my first automatic. I belive it is from January 1972. What caught my eye was the day of the week at 15 and the day of month at 20.

The seller I mentioned previously, has Seiko 5s for sale in the same range also.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:

That's exaclty what I just did with a well worn Eco that I have had for a while. Brought it back to life. Sorry I do not have a before pic. Blu Shark grey/black

Thanks for the photo, I looked at NATO straps & a few leather options & was having a hard time picturing it in my head. The F150 is a slightly different style, but this gives me a good idea.

It's also a pretty thick watch, so a 2-piece band/strap is a must, I think.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What do you think? Cool or too much? I think it is both.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd like it if it weren't gold, but that's just personal preference.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What do you think? Cool or too much? I think it is both.

I think it looks fine. I'm generally not a gold person, but a gold turtle might just push me in that direction.

Is it bronze or just gold colored? Bronze is loved by some, but I really don't care for green smutz developing on my watch.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post