SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Clicking that link just cost me $45.00. Big Grin

Posts: 211 | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With those inserts do you pry out your current bezel and then stick that in its place? Is this fairly easy to do without gouging the watch?

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
With those inserts do you pry out your current bezel and then stick that in its place? Is this fairly easy to do without gouging the watch?

There are lots of videos on YouTube that show the process. I don’t have a link but I watched several mod videos recently. Try LongIslandWatch channel for some how-to vids when you’re bored.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 1958 Omega Seamaster automatic with the original strap and buckle, with the chronometer version sea horse case back.

I can't wait for it to come in and post up pix.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I just bought a 1958 Omega Seamaster automatic with the original strap and buckle, with the chronometer version sea horse case back.

I can't wait for it to come in and post up pix.

NICE!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I picked this up on a trade a few weeks ago.
Bulova Lunar Pilot chronograph. I liked the backstory on it when they introduced the model but never jumped on one. It's the strap version.
So far the thing is the most accurate watch I own. In three weeks it's still 0+/-sec compared to time.gov.

With a leather zulu:

Still undecided about the raised and unprotected sapphire.

On a generic leather strap:

On the OEM carbon fiber strap:

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I have one of those as well. Can't say that I am crazy about the case styling, but the dial is magnificent and the accuracy kicks a Breitling Super Quartz right between the legs! Congrats!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Put some black leather on the Ball Engineer Silver Star. It’s a big watch 46mm but it wears smaller.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My vintage Omega came in today.

The strap is original and 60 years old, so I ordered a new one. I ordered black crocodile.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a nice, classic, dressy watch, Mars.

May we have a close up of the dial?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Is that a DeVille?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Is that a DeVille?

The dial just has Omega Automatic Seamaster.

However it is a chrono dial with a 471 calibre movement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a Seamaster from the late '50s - '57 would be a good guess. DeVille wasn't used as a name, which was under the Seamaster line, until 1967.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Bulova Lunar Pilot chronograph. I liked the backstory on it when they introduced the model but never jumped on one. It's the strap version.
So far the thing is the most accurate watch I own. In three weeks it's still 0+/-sec compared to time.gov.

I just watched a couple of reviews on the Lunar Piot and I’m impressed. It will go good with my Fortis Cosmonaut and Speedy Moon Watch. Thanks for introducing me to it. Snagged one for $329 new

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That is a Seamaster from the late '50s - '57 would be a good guess. DeVille wasn't used as a name, which was under the Seamaster line, until 1967.

1958 Seamaster 471.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
My vintage Omega came in today.

The strap is original and 60 years old, so I ordered a new one. I ordered black crocodile.

Nice score!! Congrats.

RMD

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

I just watched a couple of reviews on the Lunar Piot and I’m impressed. It will go good with my Fortis Cosmonaut and Speedy Moon Watch. Thanks for introducing me to it. Snagged one for $329 new

I like mine a lot. It's become my daily work watch.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s a 2017 version of the Bulova Lunar Pilot that has a black metal case and black leather strap. Both versions are nice looking. The unprotected crystal sticking above the case is unique. I wonder why they didn’t at least round it off?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimineer,

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
There’s a 2017 version of the Bulova Lunar Pilot that has a black metal case and black leather strap. Both versions are nice looking. The unprotected crystal sticking above the case is unique. I wonder why they didn’t at least round it off?

It is unique, that's for sure.
I kinda like the look of it sticking up that far. I'm easy on my watches though, so hopefully it won't get smashed on a doorjam.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I needed a yellow-faced watch for when I go to Pittsburgh to watch Penguins games. I was hoping to snag a Doxa 300T yellow, but a little too spendy right now. I also looked for a Seiko SKXA35 but I hate the Malaysia printed at the bottom of the dial. Plus they are too expensive for just a 7S26 movt watch when there are better Seiko movt's out there. Maybe they will make a yellow faced Turtle in the future.

In the meantime I got this. The price is very low for what you get. It's freakin' huge. I am not too fond of how thick this beast is. A little too big and heavy for my tastes. Eventually I'll flip it when I find a better yellow watch.
Deep Blue Master 1000.