SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crni4:
That's great news! Any details? Diver I assume?

Not yet, but stand by.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
From Hank at HELM: the Komodo will be a 200m diver in spring/summer 2018. The next production run for current models will hopefully be in December 2017 and will include a blue dial!

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I've got my email listed with Helm for the next available watches. Can't wait! I've also been looking a the Deep Blue line. Like their NATO 300 Diver Automatic.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I like a no-date Sub a lot. Nice.

Very hard to beat the overall package of a no date Sub. I was squarely on the fence between that and the new (newest) 39mm Explorer. In a way I wish I'd gone Sub just to have something more different since I had had the new (not-so-newest) 39mm Explorer in the past.

I debated a long time between a Sub, Sub with date, and the Explorer. I ran across a great deal on my very slightly used Sub so I snagged it. The other thing that sealed the deal was a trip to a heavily stocked AD where I tried them all on. They all look so different on your arm.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
I've got my email listed with Helm for the next available watches. Can't wait! I've also been looking a the Deep Blue line. Like their NATO 300 Diver Automatic.

Deep Blue makes/made some interesting divers now and in the past. Some of them are very dear to purchase. The NATO diver is a very nice looking tool watch.

I like the fact that, for the money, it is rated to 300 M. I started a small (O.K., not SO small) dust-up on WUS when I asked why some of the more expensive dive watches were not rated beyond 200 M.

For my money, I want a watch rated beyond 200 M and ISO certified to be a diver at the rated depth. Quite a few of the "desk divers" over there thought that to be an absurd condition to place on the current crop of
"decorative" divers on the market.

I believe a tool watch is just that. A tool that can be used for it's intended purpose and have a margin of safety when things go awry.

Doesn't happen too often while at the keyboard, but the real world is a scary and different place.

I'm no longer interested in the crop of 200M watches that litter the market for the poseurs behind their keyboards. I own four rated to 300M and beyond that bear ISO certification even though I don't dive any longer and won't dive intentionally in the future.

</END RANT/>

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:...

For my money, I want a watch rated beyond 200 M and ISO certified to be a diver at the rated depth. Quite a few of the "desk divers" over there thought that to be an absurd condition to place on the current crop of
"decorative" divers on the market.

I believe a tool watch is just that. A tool that can be used for it's intended purpose and have a margin of safety when things go awry.

Doesn't happen too often while at the keyboard, but the real world is a scary and different place.

I'm no longer interested in the crop of 200M watches that litter the market for the poseurs behind their keyboards. I own four rated to 300M and beyond that bear ISO certification even though I don't dive any longer and won't dive intentionally in the future.

</END RANT/>

RMD

I'm with this guy^^^.

When I buy a watch, a knife, a gun, a flashlight, etc., it's because I plan to use it in ways that will test its abilities. I'm not a Navy SEAL diver, but I know what I want.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
How about a new Hamilton Khaki, in all black.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolffy88,

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Hamilton makes some fine watches. Looks like you found one. Congrats.

RMD

Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
New Halloween watch

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:

I am not a big fan of the DOW complication, but if you're going to have it, it is nice to have it spelled out in full. Nice watch! Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

I am not a big fan of the DOW complication, but if you're going to have it, it is nice to have it spelled out in full. Nice watch! Smile

Thanks! I haven't ever owned a watch with a DOW, but I have to say, I really like it. Not on every watch, but it's nice to look down and be reminded it's Friday Big Grin

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
New Halloween watch

Nice Fortis.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

Some (most) weeks my schedule is wonky. I've got two or three that have DOW, but my favorite is without a doubt my Hamilton Khaki King Auto. Full day with the date under it, replacing the 12 o'clock marking. Love it.

What makes it even more special, that watch was a Christmas gift to me from a forum member in 2011!

Not my best pic, but it's something:

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
New Halloween watch

Nice Fortis.

Thanks! I'll also have to pick up their Flieger & Cosmonaut one day.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks! I'll also have to pick up their Flieger & Cosmonaut one day.

I've always like Fortis watches, but my Lord! Their chrono dials are busy!

Love the colors on that one.

RMD

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's a good-looking Hamilton, chongo!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
finally got a new battery and a new crystal for this ol' seiko. had it for 15-20 years now and haven't worn it in a long time. glad to have it back for when I need the classic, understated, datejust approach. somewhere along the way the day phase has gotten a little wonky.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
This just in, Bulova Moon Watch. I'm not really a chrono guy, but I thought I should try once more.

RMD

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice Bulova & not a bad price, from a quick Google.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not posting a watch but a question:

I have a Seiko 6105 I had restored, but do no wear it every day. It has a reproduction style 2 piece rubber strap.

Okay, sometimes the pins have been known to dislodge, what is a good strap that would contain the watch from loss if a pin came loose?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post