SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
This weeks watch came in today. I'm addicted to NATO brands lately. Watch is a Seiko Prospex Solar Diver.

Looks great! How do you like it? How big is the case? (Looks like it would be Yuge on my skinny wrist.)

43mm case that's about 14mm thick

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
This weeks watch came in today. I'm addicted to NATO brands lately. Watch is a Seiko Prospex Solar Diver.

Looks great! How do you like it? How big is the case? (Looks like it would be Yuge on my skinny wrist.)

I find that large Seiko watches typically wear pretty well due to the short and curved lugs.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That G-Shock looks like a space ship! Smile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Casio uses Japanese movements in their premium lines like Edifice.
Some rare G-Shocks are bringing $500!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Little copper dial Heuer action to wrap up the weekend.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Little copper dial Heuer action to wrap up the weekend.

Beautiful!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue diver for Monday. Thought I'd try a leather strap on my Blue Monster. Not bad. Smile

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put a leather strap from Crown & Buckle on my Seiko 5 - I hated the nylon strap.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glashutte Original Senator today. It's a lovely watch that I should wear more often. I usually save it for office work and meeting days.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
That is a very elegant chrono. Wear it in good health.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have this:

I admit, it is hideous! I got it thru an Amazon Lightning deal for a song. I bought it for one reason: the ETA 2824-2 movement in it which it worth roughly $100 more than I paid for the watch.

It was a brand made for the "SHOP NBC" shopping network in China I expect. Brand is now out of business. Clownishly large at 46MM with a 28 MM inter-lug measurement. I can't see me wearing it much at all, but will keep it for the movement should I need to replace it in another watch.

Surprisingly well made in titanium with a DLC coating, it has been running spot on for a week on the winder and is very comfortable with a nice silicone strap.

At least it doesn't say "Invicta" or "Shop NBC" on it!

Ugh! The things I do sometimes!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Do you change out and adjust bands and straps yourself? Is there a tool to buy that makes this easier? If so, where to buy, name of tool and where to get? Thanks

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Do you change out and adjust bands and straps yourself? Is there a tool to buy that makes this easier? If so, where to buy, name of tool and where to get? Thanks

Spring bar tool. You can get them on Amazon or esslinger.com

Just go slow and don't scratch things up.

RMD

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I use a Bergeon spring bar tool. A little more expensive ($20) but nicely made. Also, I had a cheaper one and the fork was too big to work in my Omega bracelet. The Bergeon works. Model 6767.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use a Bergeon spring bar tool.

I've been very pleased with this tool as well both as to function and durability. Think I picked mine up at Ofrei online. Mine is actually a 6111 model, the wide flat end is perfect for getting under stiff straps without tearing them.

Hell, they even sell them on Amazon now, and until looking just now didn't even realize the small end is reversible to a fine point tool. Cool!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Blue diver for Monday. Thought I'd try a leather strap on my Blue Monster. Not bad. Smile

Not really a Monster fan, but that one is stunning! The blue dial has a sunburst effect.

Very Nice!!!

RMD

posted Hide Post
I got the el-cheapo spring bar tool from Amazon and it's been just fine. I think it was around $10. I do want to upgrade to a spring bar plier someday though. Like rduckwor stated, go slow. I also like to use some tape to protect the lugs.

posted Hide Post
_DSC0755 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Baby Monster with a new OD green Ultratech.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
_DSC0755 by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Baby Monster with a new OD green Ultratech.

Cool picture!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Down-to-Earth value trio.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Down-to-Earth value trio.

What brand is the middle Watch?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post