SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

This is a pretty good representation of the color, on my monitor, at least. What do you think?

I am still tempted by black in this strap. I may darken it a bit - dyeing leather isn't too hard and I could make it a darker olive. I could even dye it all the way black if I want to. Or get this strap in black.

I fondled one of these watches this weekend and it looks awesome. Nice buy!

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Any advice regarding chrono watches, particularly Citizen and Seiko? I have a pair of simple Citizen Ecos, and have found a few I like from both brands. Is either movement better when multiple movements come into play?

I don't think there is a lot of difference. I haven't heard complaints about either brand.

RMD

Thank you! Just ordered a Seiko and already feel like I'm cheating on my Citizens. Can't wait to wear it, though!

Although it’s a quartz ive always liked this Seiko SSB031 chrono:

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is a nice, clean chronograph.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Sure is. Sadly, link bands don't get along with the hair on my arm.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I like quartz chronos. Unfortunately, many of the Seiko's I like have that damn alarm occupying the lower register. I can't deal with that.

This one doesn't - nice!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
LOVE my Seiko chrono. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13492 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Watch guys.
My Omega SMP stopped working. I tried handwinding it and nothing is working at all. I don't want to spend $700+ sending it back to Omega. Does anybody know of a reputable watchmaker that I can ship it to for repair that won't break my wallet?
If I lived in a bigger city I'd take to a local watchmaker but there is literally nobody in WV that can handle such a task.

Thanks for any ideas.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
Nesbit's Fine Watch Repair in Seattle is an authorized Omega servicer. Mac Nesbit, the third or fourth generation of the family to be a watchmaker was in my class at the Watch Technology Institute (although I don't know if he went into the family shop or went out on his own). I toured their facility about 17 years ago but haven't been back, but it was clean and well-equipped back then. Here's a link:

http://www.nesbitswatchservice.com/

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
Nesbit's Fine Watch Repair in Seattle is an authorized Omega servicer. Mac Nesbit, the third or fourth generation of the family to be a watchmaker was in my class at the Watch Technology Institute (although I don't know if he went into the family shop or went out on his own). I toured their facility about 17 years ago but haven't been back, but it was clean and well-equipped back then. Here's a link:

http://www.nesbitswatchservice.com/

Thanks! I'll give them a call.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Sending it to Omega will get you a total rebuild for that kind of money.

I JUST had my Aqua Terra serviced under warranty by the dealer I got it from when the date hack came loose.

It came back after 8 weeks with the movement to case screws loose and they came out, jamming the rotor and balance.

Spent another three weeks back with the jeweler that failed to secure the screws.

I'll only trust it back with Omega now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34114 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little Strapcode Jubilee (with gold plated center link) goodness for my Alpinist. The clasp also has gold plating, but there’s an option for one without the plated clasp.

I think it makes a huge difference in the overall look.

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Thats sharp looking, Jimineer. I particularly like the detail on the hands.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thats sharp looking, Jimineer. I particularly like the detail on the hands.

Thank you. This watch is not everyone’s cup of tea but my appreciation of this watch has doubled.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I have the Alpinist as well. I don't wear it much because it's a bit smaller than what I'm used to and generally prefer, but I do love it. It's the only watch I have w/ any gold on it, but on that watch the gold suits it beautifully. I also have it on a bracelet and not the stock leather, but my band is all-stainless.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I love my Alpinist. It sees more wrist time than any other watch. I've realized that the size is perfect for me.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This just (back) in. Originally bought by me from David Truong almost exactly a decade ago. I sold it to my brother who wore it only three times. I just bought it back and sent it to the RSC for some TLC.

To me, there's something special about this era of Rolex. Perhaps it's just my own nostalgia. The Rolex GMT Master II in red/black was my first WIS love, as it called from the corner window of our small family local jeweler's shop. In business since 1945, this Rolex AD would later be abandoned by Rolex with their dealership pulled because they were too small. It was that kind of AD. One where Rolex was "the special stuff" in the back. Treasure that was disclosed to you, like Q presenting Bond with the gadgets for this mission.

Nowadays Rolex is driving toward Grand-Ballroom-like larger dealerships in high-end shopping centers and districts. All the better to showcase the PCL (Polished Center Link) Rolex glitz of the new era. It's just not the same.

Anyway, here it is! Fresh back from the RSC in Dallas, cleaned, serviced, lubed, new gaskets/seals. All ready for a decade or so on the wrist. r0gue's last Rolex stand. In for the duration.

and NO polishing thank you very much!

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Great looking GMT r0gue.

My Sea Dweller arrived in Dallas Thursday for a similar tune up. In the meantime I picked up this to wear.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
This just (back) in. Originally bought by me from David Truong almost exactly a decade ago. I sold it to my brother who wore it only three times. I just bought it back and sent it to the RSC for some TLC.

To me, there's something special about this era of Rolex. Perhaps it's just my own nostalgia. The Rolex GMT Master II in red/black was my first WIS love, as it called from the corner window of our small family local jeweler's shop. In business since 1945, this Rolex AD would later be abandoned by Rolex with their dealership pulled because they were too small. It was that kind of AD. One where Rolex was "the special stuff" in the back. Treasure that was disclosed to you, like Q presenting Bond with the gadgets for this mission.

Nowadays Rolex is driving toward Grand-Ballroom-like larger dealerships in high-end shopping centers and districts. All the better to showcase the PCL (Polished Center Link) Rolex glitz of the new era. It's just not the same.

Anyway, here it is! Fresh back from the RSC in Dallas, cleaned, serviced, lubed, new gaskets/seals. All ready for a decade or so on the wrist. r0gue's last Rolex stand. In for the duration.

Fortunate you could get it back. I still lament one I sold. Irreplaceable.

Congrats.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice, Rogue. Those are the ones I like, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Hi rogue. If you don’t mind, how much did the service cost and can you provide me information of the Authorized RSC you used? I need to have my 7year old Sub serviced. I know i need to be serviced at around 5 years. I just don’t want to send it to a service center I have no knowledge of. You can post info here or email me. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
This just (back) in. Fresh back from the RSC in Dallas, cleaned, serviced, lubed, new gaskets/seals. All ready for a decade or so on the wrist. r0gue's last Rolex stand. In for the duration.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post