SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got something neat from Japan yesterday. I like the slightly larger case size compared to my Ray II. Orient managed to fix the major issue I had with my Ray II which was its crown. The crown on this watch is MUCH easier to grip and screw down. The Kanji/English day wheel is a neat feature.

It looks kinda like a Tudor Black Bay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Nice GS, Agony. Which reference is it?

GS SBGV245

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I love love love Orient!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I do too! I picked up a blue Orient Triton a few days ago. I’m loving it so far!! The power reserve indicator is very cool and fun to have for people like me who are hooked on autos and always wondered how much certain activities would “wind up” the watches power reserve/spring. For a sub $500 diver I think it is hands down one of the best. Mine is keeping excellent time as is my new JDM beauty. For the prices I’ve been finding them for on eBay I figured why the heck not try out a few. So far to me they are the turtle/samurai/SKX killer because dollar for dollar they offer quite a bit for not a lot of money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Any one familiar with this brand? Store in Ginza is very nice. I like the clean looks and superlumina.

Sound decent?

https://knot-designs.com/fs/knot/tsc-39tiwh

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Any one familiar with this brand? Store in Ginza is very nice. I like the clean looks and superlumina.

I'm not familiar with the Knot brand, but if you like the look, it's hard to go wrong for $235.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
BUND watchstrap story.

I've had this for many years. Here's a wrist shot of the distressed brown goatskin BUND on one of my Sinn 156 Military watches.

I got it from a friend who was an army colonel at the time. He had an artisan make up a number of them from a well worn aviators flight jacket. Thought the whole evolution was pretty neat.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That is super cool! I too have a strap made from a WWII bomber jacket. It's awesome. And so is that Sin 156!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A somewhat unusual one today. Been wearing it this week. Always preferred a gray NATO strap with it. Big Grin

Picked this up back in 2002 (during the later stages of my watch acquisition days) from Hyunsuk Seung who had commissioned it in 2001. He deemed it his "#9 v2." He had quite a few customs built back in the day.

As an aside in later years folks like Yao developed similar customs. I hear there are forums dedicated to such pursuits these days. Smile

Case: Sterile bead-blasted Zeno 485 300m Dive Watch
Dial: Custom made British MOD Dial for Dive Watches from Markus Stein
Movement: ETA 2846 automatic modified with hack feature by Mr. Chung, Yoonho (AWI Certified Master Watchmaker)
Crystal: Original dome shaped hardened acrylic crystal
Water Resistance: 300 meters (screw down crown & caseback)
Strap Bars: Solid strap bars!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Friday night wrist shot. Big Grin

Seiko SKX011 on a single pass Zulu strap. Manufacture date October 2000.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Seiko SKX013

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Finally got a blue Alpinist. It hasn't left my wrist all week other than my trips to the range.
Still love the green sarb017 a little better but it's growing on me.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Bald1, that custom built watch is sweet!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Finally got a blue Alpinist. It hasn't left my wrist all week other than my trips to the range.
Still love the green sarb017 a little better but it's growing on me.

Does the compass rings stay where you put it?

My 017 moves around a bit.

Love the 6r15! Had mine regulated to 1.7+/day and it holds. Very accurate.

You can shoot with it on, very durable and robust.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

Does the compass rings stay where you put it?

My 017 moves around a bit.

Love the 6r15! Had mine regulated to 1.7+/day and it holds. Very accurate.

You can shoot with it on, very durable and robust.

The compass ring is exactly the same as it is on the 017. That's probably the one thing I don't like about the model.

I too love the 6r15. Great movement, and quite accurate. My 2 year old 017 is still holding at 1.5-2.0/d but I do notice that occasionally it will have a really erratic day once in a while when i put it on the timegrapher. It will correct itself though with time.

I don't like to shoot with any of my mechanical watches, not because of the recoil but because of the potential to ding them up when running drills.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Bought my Geophysic back from a pal that I'd sold it to a few years back. It's so nice to have it back.

This is an old pic. But one of my fav's!

And a pic that almost does this amazing case justice.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have some VERY interesting things headed my way. Cool

If you fancy this Tissot Jomashop is running a pretty darn decent deal. $199 shipped when you use the coupon code “ SZT199 “. 100m water resistance, Swiss ETA 2836-2 movement with both day and date which I love. It is almost worth that just for the case/movement/parts Big Grin. Both versions are available at that price.

How hard do y’all think it would be to swap out the bezel on this? I wish it had numbers instead of the North, South, East, West malarkey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I love OranGe!

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Love that maroon bezel!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice re-grab, Rogue.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post