SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Cool! I hope you get one. Very nice watch.

I have just shifted a couple on to their new owners. Time to hunt for the next chunky weird diver.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept. I do like to run light, and I don't take an iPhone because of that. I still use a wired iPod nano.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Interesting concept. I do like to run light, and I don't take an iPhone because of that. I still use a wired iPod nano.

So far it works very well. I just learned that you can upload gps trail navigation to it also if you are running in an unfamiliar area.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Another orange one for the orange fans:

Haven't had an Orient for a long time. Dial is a bit busy though. I tend towards more sterile dials.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Another orange one for the orange fans:

Haven't had an Orient for a long time. Dial is a bit busy though. I tend towards more sterile dials.

RMD

Nice. I don't have any Orients...yet. If you got it direct from them, I hope you used a coupon like "wornandwound" to get 30% off.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Bought it used. I would never pay their asking prices. Decent enough watches, but their opinion of them is far too high price wise.

RMD

posted Hide Post
Look what the Summer Santa sent me.... Wink

Following Rogue's footsteps I just picked this beauty up from FedEx this morning. This really is just about the perfect diver. Brown perlon to go with the vintage vibe.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
brminpin - Where did you get that from, nice!!

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
brminpin - Where did you get that from, nice!!

Govberg Jewelers in Philadelphia.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
brminpin, that is a very nice looking diver

Clean dial

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:

Following Rogue's footsteps I just picked this beauty up from FedEx this morning. This really is just about the perfect diver. Brown perlon to go with the vintage vibe.

Very nice!! Way above my pay grade too.

RMD

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:

CONGRATS! I'm amazed by how much I love mine. LOVE IT! If I had it to do over again, I'd have skipped the Explorer I just bought. This watch is amazing on a rubber strap, and I've seen pics that it looks great on that bracelet too. Are you in Eastern OH, or out toward the west? I'm in Pittsburgh.

posted Hide Post
quote:
CONGRATS! I'm amazed by how much I love mine. LOVE IT! If I had it to do over again, I'd have skipped the Explorer I just bought. This watch is amazing on a rubber strap, and I've seen pics that it looks great on that bracelet too. Are you in Eastern OH, or out toward the west? I'm in Pittsburgh.

Rogue, I'm in north central Ohio. Half way between Columbus and Cleveland.

I'm so glad that I went ahead and bit the bullet on this watch. Now, I have several watches I'm thinking of unloading since this beauty will be seeing a lot of wrist time. The gray dial goes with everything.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Things are slow in this thread. Here's a pic of just about the most incredible dial ever.

Zenith El Primero --- An incredible watch with a complex combination of case design, dial design and construction and a movement that is worthy of great respect. A 278 component, 31 jewel, 36,000 VpH "in-house" column wheel chronograph. Generally acknowledged to be the first automatic chronograph movement ever.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to avoid this thread because the more time I spend in it the more likely I am to end up with another watch. And I need another watch about like I need another hole in my head. I'm sure that won't stop me, eventually, but I'm trying to delay the inevitable at least a bit.

R0gue, I love that Zenith. Talk about a piece you don't see every day!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see an ElPrimero. Here is mine, a bit more military style.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:

Love it. I actually just sold mine. It's going out on Monday. But I adore it and had it for nearly 4 years (that's kind of a long time for me). My Omega FOiS and my vintage Breitling kind of displaced it when a watch of that nature were called upon for duty. After a while it became clear it was time to redeploy the funds.

I am just DUMBFOUNDED how under-respected and under-valued Zenith is as a brand.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:

Love it. I actually just sold mine. It's going out on Monday. But I adore it and had it for nearly 4 years (that's kind of a long time for me). My Omega FOiS and my vintage Breitling kind of displaced it when a watch of that nature were called upon for duty. After a while it became clear it was time to redeploy the funds.

I am just DUMBFOUNDED how under-respected and under-valued Zenith is as a brand.

Very true. It is interesting to see the affects Jean-Claude Biver is having already, of course he brings a specific style which has proved quite successful for Hublot and Tag Heuer.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I love the navy El Primero with the open power reserve.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
While my daily driver is my Seamaster 300M Co-Ax Ceramic, this is the house atomic clock:
2007 GW-500A (2688 Module)

It is the timepiece that every watch/clock/clock radio/microwave oven/etc. is set to. I even "correct" my Omega when it gains a few seconds during the month.
10 years of faithful (hard use at times) service. Never needed a new band (stainless), or battery. The space gods set it every night.
Helluva a deal for $102.88!

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post