SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Rolex GMT Model 1675 born 1974, 45 years old running strong. Friendships of 30 years at my local Rolex dealer and many purchases resulted in first dibs to me when the original owner traded it with them. Finally, a real vintage watch!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bMi6NPguHjXhPvNG8

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice unit

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
The last of the three everyday wear watches...
A little gift to myself a few years ago. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the riveted bracelet!Take it off that NATO!!!

I have an 8.8in wrist. Bracelet not happening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Latest acquisition: Timor Time Guide Braille watch (AKA Federal prison guard NYC watch).

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Airbubba, the root beer GMT is not usually my favorite color combo, but yours has a great vibe.

kz1000, what is the story on the braille watch? Why? Who used them?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Airbubba, the root beer GMT is not usually my favorite color combo, but yours has a great vibe.

Blind people? Big Grin Not really sure, just thought it was cool.

-Bomber Harris

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing the Citizen Eco-Diver lately on a Blu Shark strap.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:...what is the story on the braille watch? Why? Who used them?
They're used by blind and visually-impaired people. One flips up the crystal and feels the position of the hands and where they are in relation to the Braille dots.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on Orient divers? I am considering picking up an Orient Triton or maybe a Beast. Any other models to consider? I like that the triton and beast both have power reserve indicators.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Makos.
I'd LOVE to have an old Triton.
Or the Orient Saturation Diver. (Orient WV0121EL)

My orange MakoII

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

thank you, i bought it new, wore it for 31 years until it was replaced by the newer version.

i just sold it this morning.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Does any one have David Traun's Id here... need to ask him for a price.

Thanks

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:

Thanks

David Truong. His email's in his public profile.

-Bomber Harris

Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Information received... thanks for the help

Thanks for the reply... unfortunately, I'm asking because when I try to access profiles I'm told I don't have access... been a member since 2002...

quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:

Thanks

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Information received... thanks for the help

Thanks for the reply... unfortunately, I'm asking because when I try to access profiles I'm told I don't have access... been a member since 2002...

quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:

Thanks

https://www.mimisjewelryinc.com

-Bomber Harris

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This Chinese made homage is ruining me with its accuracy. I set it days ago and it is still keeping exquisite time. It is currently in perfect sync with atomic time.

They go for $340 new but I paid just over $200 for a used example on the eBay in an impulse buy. I don’t know if it has an actual ETA 2824 movement or a cheap Chinese copy but it is keeping fantastic time. It did come with the box and card that confirmed the 2824 movement.

Most of the reviews I have read on this watch have been positive. So far I understand why. This is a great little watch that punches way above its price tag. The fit and finish are surprisingly good. At this price it’s nice to get a ceramic bezel insert and sapphire crystal. The bezel feels solid and is actually better than some Seiko turtles I’ve bought recently. It should be a fantastic beater watch to take to the pool and out boating.

This thing has me considering scooping up the real deal. It feels and looks great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Rare watch day. Smile

Sitting out back enjoying the summer day and mild cool breeze with my Aquastar Benthos I 1000m vintage dive watch on my wrist. Acquired it in 2002 as new old stock. Serviced, it keeps great time. Smile

42 x 15.5mm case with 4mm sapphire crystal. Modified A. Schild AS2162 mvt w/60 minute flyback timer. Lemania also issued the same watch under their marque...both quite rare.
I have the original cork box and bracelet. They date from the early '70s.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spackler
posted Hide Post
Bought this in 2007, wore it every day for 11 years, then sold it and doubled my money. But I sure do miss it.

Posts: 82 | Location: Central PA, USA | Registered: May 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post