SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

My Garmin GPS running watch($300), Maratac Quartz Pilot ($140), Braun Dieter Rams ($70)

Anyone know where I can get the same watch shown above (Maratec Quartz Pilot) for a reasonable price, even if the watch is lightly used? I love this watch style and the price is within my budget....Thanks Mark

https://countycomm.com/product...lot-watch-by-maratac

They constantly have sales if you can be patient. Sign-up for their emails and they'll send you PLENTY of sale ads. That's my pic. I don't wear it anymore and gave it to my son, or I'd sell it to you on the cheap. It was fun, but I move around a lot, so turning-over my watches is kind of my thing. You'll like it. For the money it was a pretty cool watch. Be advised that leather strap was something I'd added. It comes with nylon. It's a 20mm lug if you want to seek something out to fit to it.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:

My Garmin GPS running watch($300), Maratac Quartz Pilot ($140), Braun Dieter Rams ($70)

Anyone know where I can get the same watch shown above (Maratec Quartz Pilot) for a reasonable price, even if the watch is lightly used? I love this watch style and the price is within my budget....Thanks Mark

I don't know what your definition of reasonable price is, and over time the "reasonable" level seems to rise at least for me...

That being said, you can get this watch from County Comm. Be careful, this site is addicting. You may end up buying a bunch of other stuff.

https://countycomm.com/collections/quartz-watches

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R0gue and RobLew - Thanks guys for the help and link. This falls well into what I consider to be a reasonable price range based on what my wife said we could/would spend. I asked the question because as a country boy that up to this point having never owned anything that could not be bought at K-Mart or Wal-Wart, I had no idea what on-line site would be considered a reputable watch site.....

R0gue - Thanks to you sir for posting the original photo...I looked through 30+pages of this thread and this watch was one of the two favorite styles I really liked...

My wife has been on me for over a year to replace my Ironman watch with something - well - nicer....This will be my Christmas gift from my wife of 33 years....She is excited and so am I......Thanks Again...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This will end up costing me way more than it's worth. FleaBay seller said it "runs" but listed "accuracy?".

Which means he knows damn right well it is not accurate. Which means it needs a service that cost more than I paid for it (I've paid a vintage chrono service before, and it stings), which means I'm a hopeless watch-nerd with no common sense. Which means.... INBOUND!

fingers crossed it's of ok accuracy and a little plexipolish has it on my wrist and bringing me smiles for the holidays.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very nice Rogue!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Very cool Rogue.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Anyone have experience with 3rd party Apple Watch bands?
Wife is wanting a new one for hers, the OE white band is showing some general use discoloration.

Looking at these, but not a lot of reviews on them.
https://ullushop.com/collectio...38mm-premium-leather

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
This will end up costing me way more than it's worth. FleaBay seller said it "runs" but listed "accuracy?".

Which means he knows damn right well it is not accurate. Which means it needs a service that cost more than I paid for it (I've paid a vintage chrono service before, and it stings), which means I'm a hopeless watch-nerd with no common sense. Which means.... INBOUND!

fingers crossed it's of ok accuracy and a little plexipolish has it on my wrist and bringing me smiles for the holidays.

Nice.

I keep wanting a chrono, but keep returning to Omega Speedmasters and I don't want one THAT much.

Or that old Rolex Paul Newman used to own . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Chrono function was completely inoperable. Nothing about that mentioned in the ad.
Ahhhh... FleaBay...

<Elvis>Return to Sender!</Elvis>

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I keep wanting a chrono, but keep returning to Omega Speedmasters and I don't want one THAT much.

Check out the Classifieds. I have an Undone on there. Or check Undone's other models. They make one that is VERY Speedy-like. Sure, they're MechaQuartz. But fun!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chrono function was completely inoperable. Nothing about that mentioned in the ad.
Ahhhh... FleaBay...

<Elvis>Return to Sender!</Elvis>

Drag.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Just as an FYI, Helm Watches has just released a new generation of the Vanuatu on the market.

http://helmwatches.com/vanuatu.html

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Finally!

But I am trying to exercise patience for a blue face about to come out in January

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Me too, crni. I'm fighting the urge. My Deep Blue will have to me my 'fix' until then. The orange 'Khuraburi' is hard to resist also.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
Just as an FYI, Helm Watches has just released a new generation of the Vanuatu on the market.

http://helmwatches.com/vanuatu.html

Did a bracelet swap on the Van II and the Khuraburi today. Ordered the SEL for each bracelet and watch. Like the oyster on the Van II.

Not too certain about the Super Engineer on the Khuraburi.

RMD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rduckwor,

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that bracelet is a little too dressy for the Khuraburi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Wow! That 'bad-daddy' got some quality lume. Thumbs-up, dude!

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I haven't been tempted by a watch for some time, but dayum...that Helm has all the right curves in all the right places.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
My wife's 50th birthday present.

Pic resized cuz it was obnoxious!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TKO,

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post