SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Explorer 39 is exactly the Rolex I want.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Rolex in a 36

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Me too. Amazing how the classic Rolex designs like the Explorer, Datejust, Day-Date just don't scale up very well (at least to me).

Of course, I'm partial to the 36mm Explorer. My dad's been wearing a 14270 just about since it was released, 1990 or so. I also owned a 36mm Datejust which is one of the few watches I've sold as I couldn't swing the fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet. I loved looking at that watch in the case but I just couldn't bring myself to wear it. I constantly play with the idea of buying a domed bezel/oyster bracelet version of the same watch.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Me too. Amazing how the classic Rolex designs like the Explorer, Datejust, Day-Date just don't scale up very well (at least to me).

YES YES YES YES AAAAAAAA-MEN!!!!!!!!

THAT is the problem. It just doesn't work scaled up. At least to my eye. Perhaps had I never seen a 36mm version, I'd be fine with it. But I have. And so it looked like it got pumped up on roids. Or elephantitus. It just didn't work for me. and I tried. TWICE!

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
I’ve got a Seiko Sumo ‘Hulk’ coming my way from Japan. I’ve always been tempted by the blue Sumo but seeing the green hulk did me in. I’ll post a pic after I receive it.

I look forward to seeing that one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:
I’ve got a Seiko Sumo ‘Hulk’ coming my way from Japan. I’ve always been tempted by the blue Sumo but seeing the green hulk did me in. I’ll post a pic after I receive it.

I look forward to seeing that one.

Me too Smile. I can’t get imgur to work though.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think they’re calling this one the Jade Sumo, Emerald Sumo, or Grumo. In any case if you like green watches this one is pretty nice. My lousy photo doesn’t do it justice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimineer,

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice, Jimineer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an incoming. Been curious about this brand and it fills an open role for me. I'll add new pics after it arrives.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I like the gold Turtle. Don’t think I could wear it, but I like it.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post

This is a pretty good representation of the color, on my monitor, at least. What do you think?

I am still tempted by black in this strap. I may darken it a bit - dyeing leather isn't too hard and I could make it a darker olive. I could even dye it all the way black if I want to. Or get this strap in black.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
JHE: Looks good!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Nothing special but I like it.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:

iz
That's really nice! Not too "busy".

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
Any advice regarding chrono watches, particularly Citizen and Seiko? I have a pair of simple Citizen Ecos, and have found a few I like from both brands. Is either movement better when multiple movements come into play?

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:

Very nice — I like that one a lot! Is the face blue as it appears, or is that an AR coating hitting the light just right...?

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Any advice regarding chrono watches, particularly Citizen and Seiko? I have a pair of simple Citizen Ecos, and have found a few I like from both brands. Is either movement better when multiple movements come into play?

I don't think there is a lot of difference. I haven't heard complaints about either brand.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

This is a pretty good representation of the color, on my monitor, at least. What do you think?

I am still tempted by black in this strap. I may darken it a bit - dyeing leather isn't too hard and I could make it a darker olive. I could even dye it all the way black if I want to. Or get this strap in black.

A good looking strap. I'd go darker.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:...Is the face blue as it appears, or is that an AR coating hitting the light just right...?

Since the upper lugs also look blue, I suspect it's a reflection of the environment.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

I don't think there is a lot of difference. I haven't heard complaints about either brand.

RMD

Thank you! Just ordered a Seiko and already feel like I'm cheating on my Citizens. Can't wait to wear it, though!