SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
That is nice Mars. I've always liked the clarity of that dial/hands combo.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Why do I always make it to the bottom of the page?

They stopped making the saw tooth bezel. This one is a 2010 model and it came with its extra links, box, cards and papers. The Black bezel hasn't been available for some time. It even has a dive extension like my Tag Heuer has.

It's a honkin 42mm plus the over sized bezel. It wears much larger than it seems. You don't need a weight belt with it, that's for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I just had to have this Fortis wrist biscuit!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been cruising Macy's site for watches after that Seiko sale. I noticed that their Luminox watches are listed as Suunto Luminox watch when you open it up to look at details. I've never heard of any merger.

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro...~xcm_srcCatID~z22672

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
...I noticed that their Luminox watches are listed as Suunto Luminox watch when you open it up to look at details. I've never heard of any merger.

Other than Mondaine buying 50% of Luminox in 2006, I haven't heard of one, either. Either Macy's knows something I don't, or their ad writers messed up.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Why do I always make it to the bottom of the page?

They stopped making the saw tooth bezel. This one is a 2010 model and it came with its extra links, box, cards and papers. The Black bezel hasn't been available for some time. It even has a dive extension like my Tag Heuer has.

It's a honkin 42mm plus the over sized bezel. It wears much larger than it seems. You don't need a weight belt with it, that's for sure.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I just had to have this Fortis wrist biscuit!

I dig it. That bezel is awesome.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You think the bezel is nice, get a load of the coin back.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy like what you guys have. But I splurged (from my perspective) on a watch that looks decent with features important to me: atomic, solar, easy to read / high contrast face, water resistant. And also has dual time (although 24 hour clock so I thought it was wrong at first).

Thanks to David, course!!!!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Orange...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Prep for America's birthday week.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
RMD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rduckwor,

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Holy welcome to 1971!
That's awesome.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JD83:
My wife's fairly new SKX007 Seiko. She wanted a watch in keeping with the trend for larger dials so I got her this 37mm diver(she has really tiny wrists).

The 007 is a 42mm watch. The Skx013 is the 38mm version. Same movement. Nice watch. I’m a big fan of seiko automatics Perfect watch for somebody with smaller wrists who wants to wear a diver.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have a new favorite watch to take along to the pool or lake. This mini turtle is a great little watch that loves to get wet. I like the Omega SMP style wave dial. It doesn’t catch the light quite like a Seamaster but it looks great in the sun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post

Crepas Tornado. An almost 1:1 replica or homage to the long gone Sandoz Typhoon. Yeah, is says 1000 meters. Monocoque case, super dome crystal.

RMD

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:...Yeah, [it] says 1000 meters. Monocoque case, super dome crystal.

And helium release on the back. Very cool, RMD; congrats.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That Bulova is good looking.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:...Yeah, [it] says 1000 meters. Monocoque case, super dome crystal.

And helium release on the back. Very cool, RMD; congrats.

Naw! The "never touch" screw on the back exposes the crown release for the movement.

All dive watches have helium release valves, the screw down crown. Unscrew it!

RMD

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That Bulova is good looking.

Thanks JHE. The coffin-link bracelet sealed the deal.

RMD

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just got some new custom made leather for my Tag along with a couple of other matching fine leather products from Greg Stevens Design. A 40th birthday present from the wife.

Man, this is some good looking stuff. I absolutely love 'em.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
WWII British Army ATP (Army Trade Pattern), made by 17 manufacturers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post