SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 1972 also.
I've had to replace a few parts in it.
But it's straightforward Seiko inside.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Chrono24 is filled with scammers.

THX for the tip.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I should be getting this modded SKX007 with a NH35 movement in about 4 weeks from Mad Mod World.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I should be getting this modded SKX007 with a NH35 movement in about 4 weeks from Mad Mod World.

Whoa !!! ... a scuba diving type B Flieger. Interesting.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I came very close to going with this (Rolex GMT style?) bezel. I probably should have. Must resist....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
quote:

Whoa !!! ... a scuba diving type B Flieger. Interesting.

Standard issue on Malaysia Airlines.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Standard issue on Malaysia Airlines.

i shouldn't, but ... Big Grin

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Speaking of watches we have en route. Here's one for the broke and bespoke like me. TISELL 40mm pilot (type A Flieger), MIYOTA 9015 automatic, Lume BGW9, Diamond Crown coming from Mr. Oh in the Republic of Korea. Tracking shows shipment 29Jan DAEBU but has been stuck since 30Jan after being handed over to the transport company in Incheon. Fingers crossed I get it LOL.

Tisell: http://www.tisellkr.com/

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice looking watch Hobbs.

Finally got the coin edge bezel I ordered weeks ago. I’m loving how it looks on this modded 6309.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This looks a bit better on the cuffed band than the Citizen auto I had on there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've posted this one before, but I like it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

The best $20 I've spent on a watch (band).
Black with Crimson Red, includes 2 strap lengths, QD pre-installed spring bars, and locking strap keepers. Oh, and very comfortable.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
jhe888, That’s a great looking diver! Does it have the 4R36 movement?

I have something similar that’s unique and was only available in the Asian market headed my way. Seiko Nemo turtle Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
jhe888, That’s a great looking diver! Does it have the 4R36 movement?

I have something similar that’s unique and was only available in the Asian market headed my way. Seiko Nemo turtle Cool

Yes, a 4R36. Post pictures of the Nemo when it arrives.

I'm curious to hear what you think of the cyclops in person.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post

Not usually a fan of metal bands, but this one was on sale. Now that I've worn it a bunch, I actually like the band.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like the bracelet and the watch....a lot!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I love JHE's blue turtle.

Here's an old Waltham(1969) Marzy brought me last night.
It had a stretch O flecks band on it.
I replaced it with a JB Champion brick bracelet.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice.

posted Hide Post
SC, I had the blue-faced version of that Seiko, bought new in 1971 or early 1972. It was a fine watch, accurate and durable. Unfortunately, it stopped dead in about 1978 and the Seiko dealer couldn't (or wouldn't) repair it. I found a replacement eventually, nearly identical and wore that until I got my Rolex in 1983.

Good memories of that watch!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post