SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well done!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I wasn't watch shopping. I stopped in my jewelers to pick up a couple of rings I has sized for the CSM. I was asking him if Seiko or Citizen were still making a good watch that compared to some of my older ones. Anyway, he asked if I like the rubber banded ones. I said sure. He pulls this out and says he wants $100 for it. Before I could say yes, he says "but I'll take $50" Done!

Not sure where they got it but said they put a new band and a capacitor in it.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
New Rally strap on V8

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
For being a mere 39mm, this was one big addition for me. I've been delaying the inevitable with this watch for a lot of years. I was fortunate to find this very well kept decade old example, still with its original owner. It all came together nicely. I think this one is here to stay.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yowzers

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue: ...I think this one is here to stay.

The bezel is different, but the case design reminds me of the Rolex Oysterquartz:

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue: ...I think this one is here to stay.

The bezel is different, but the case design reminds me of the Rolex Oysterquartz

You're not the first to notice the similarity! It seems they had a similar case line at 6 and 9 o'clock, but adding the bracelet really created a note to Gentas design.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
For being a mere 39mm, this was one big addition for me. I've been delaying the inevitable with this watch for a lot of years. I was fortunate to find this very well kept decade old example, still with its original owner. It all came together nicely. I think this one is here to stay.

Congrats on the acquisition!

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think this one is here to stay.

Where have we all heard this before??? Wink

That's a great piece - congrats on the find!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Rogue. The Royal Oak isn't on my list, but it is a fine choice.

I've always liked the way the Oysterquartz blended traditional Rolex with a more modern look.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Great snag, Rogue.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Very nice watches. Both punch above my budget!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Very nice watches. Both punch above my budget!
RMD

Honestly, me too. Way out of whack on my priorities. ;-)

posted Hide Post
Dusty78 - I like the strap. Where did you get it from, aftermarket or does it come with the watch?

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
New Rally strap on V8

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Here's one you don't see everyday. Epos Switzerland

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Dusty78 - I like the strap. Where did you get it from, aftermarket or does it come with the watch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Dusty78 - I like the strap. Where did you get it from, aftermarket or does it come with the watch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I picked-up this nice Citizen solar diver a few weeks back. It's been a real, solid addition to my watch stable. I ditched the issue band for a nice 20mm NATO.

My Luminox also see regular wrist-time:

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
In what may be poor form for a photo thread, I'm going to borrow someone else's photos to show off the automatic watch I just picked up, a Seiko SRP637. Don't know what's going w/ my (let's-face-it-obsolete) iPhone 4S, but the photos from that thing are just turning out like crap these days.

Just love this watch, what some are calling a Tuna Monster, given that it has the bezel and look of the 1st Gen. Monster and the shroud (now stainless) of the "Tuna" models. This is my second Monster-style watch, following a 1st Gen. Orange Monster a number of years ago, and I love the Monster styling. Beefy, heavy, masculine...one review called the SPR637 "dripping with testosterone"; I don't know if I'd go that far, but I do love its authoritative look and heft (and it's getting a great 1.5 second loss/day). This one is going to have a very extended honeymoon on my wrist.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Traded my GO for this.

Breitling Chrono from the 40s. I guess I'm back into vintage now. Including the joy of finding someone to regulate it and probably overhaul and lubricate it. Leaning toward RGM.