SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06: ...Seamaster pushed to its near limits… .0004M...

This made me laugh. Thanks.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi
Picture of law_dawg07
posted Hide Post
Wearing today (top) and his brother (below)

Goin' to the water park...the water park...

Posts: 10100 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06: ...Seamaster pushed to its near limits… .0004M...

You're both lucky to be alive!!! Big Grin

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I just picked this one up a few hours ago...

Smile

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by law_dawg07:
Wearing today (top) and his brother (below)

Nice!

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Nice.. howdy back from the 'other' forum..

quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

Smile

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile

I'd like to be your Rolex salesman. Smile

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
quote:

Smile

I'd like to be your Rolex salesman. Smile

I suppose it's a decent gig, considering Mrs. ShneaSIG got another Datejust for herself, too. Big Grin

-ShneaSIG

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
Nice.. howdy back from the 'other' forum..

Hey, don't I know you from somewheres?? Wink

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
My humble contribution. A variant of an old standard and a quick snap shot from my phone.

Vince

Posts: 307 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
law_dawg07, can you tell me the model number of the white faced Sinn watch you posted? Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to purchase Sinn watches anywhere that offers good discounts? They have one official US retailer that I can find online. I can get 30% off (or more) on Omega, Breitling, most of the major luxury brands, from a local authorized dealer... but Sinn makes a couple of watches that I am interested in.

I'm also thinking about a Seiko MarineMaster.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi
Picture of law_dawg07
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
law_dawg07, can you tell me the model number of the white faced Sinn watch you posted? Thanks.

It's a limited edition of the 656. Right now I'd like to get my hands on this Anniversary 556 Cool

Semper Fi
Picture of law_dawg07
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
Is it possible to purchase Sinn watches anywhere that offers good discounts? They have one official US retailer that I can find online. I can get 30% off (or more) on Omega, Breitling, most of the major luxury brands, from a local authorized dealer... but Sinn makes a couple of watches that I am interested in.

AFAIK, there's only one game in town for authorized dealers in the US. If you happen to be in Europe, you have more options.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nice watches, law. Especially the white faced one.

quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:

Watchbuys.com?

They're an authorized dealer/distributor who sells direct to US customers.

I haven't bought from them but I know a couple of folks who have.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I like the design/look of this watch... it's just the NAME of the watch.

"You don't know s*** from shinola!" keeps popping into to my head.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06: I like the design/look of this watch... it's just the NAME of the watch. ..."You don't know s*** from shinola!" keeps popping into to my head.

That's where the founder of the company got the name from, too. (Originally it was the name of a brand of shoe polish.)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
My Apple Watch took a dump on me last night. Brought back old faithful. This Luminox went to the sandbox with my old man, given to me October 18th 2000 when I started my first day on the road. Spent 16 years in Prison, Jail and the Street.

Shes old and abused, but still works like it new. Still glows too!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

You might do a bit of research on the brand if you're thinking of buying one. To be a bit of a watch snob, they're very far on the "fashion watch" end of the WIS spectrum. Very overpriced for what they are and what they're made from.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

You might do a bit of research on the brand if you're thinking of buying one. To be a bit of a watch snob, they're very far on the "fashion watch" end of the WIS spectrum. Very overpriced for what they are and what they're made from.

To join in what Leftnose said, that's a lot of money for a mediocre quartz movement.

-ShneaSIG