SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great looking watches

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on Glycine? I know they are distributed/owned? by Invicta, but the combat model looks nice.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I've been posting in the wrong forum.

Here's my latest, Sinn 206 Arktis II

I prefer it on the fine mesh bracelet.

Also scratched a 20 year itch to get this one, Seiko SBDX023 Marinemaster

Having work done on this 6105-8110 from June 74.

Been enjoying this one. Here it's on a Strapcode Super Oyster, but I have been wearing it on a Strapcode Angus Jubilee.

Got this 7S26 military watch some years back and had Black Monster black day/date wheels installed. I think they make it right.

Also put it on a super oyster.

This is my daily wear since 2003.

Just had it serviced, but I'm enjoying the Marinemaster and Arktis right now.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
That Arktis is beautiful...I love the nicely-designed blue dial, and the way the subtle, engraved stainless bezel allows the dial to really pop.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have to agree. Sinn made a limited edition 104 or 103 with the count up bezel like the Arktis. It had a blue dial and a blue bezel. With the blue bezel it was a bit much.

There were subtle differences with the hands, but otherwise the same overall.

I have to admit, for such a busy dial, it is incredibly easy to read the time. Old guy eyes easy. Using the chronograph dials... that takes me a moment or two. The lume glows blue like Rolex chromalite and it looks really nice against the dial in low light.

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
I was reading through the thread on the Seiko dive watch located here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7710053954/p/1

Went to the Uncle Seiko site mentioned and saw this under the watches for sale section.
https://www.uncleseiko.com/sto...trap_--_US_Only.html

This looks like a pretty good deal.
Any feedback on this seller?

quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I think that is for the bracelets only. Uncle Seiko is reliable.

RMD

Well, this is really the deal of the week. Smile
New Seiko SRPA21 in the box plus the Beads of Rice and Blue Waffle strap.

A quick snapshot.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Just got some new custom made leather for my Tag along with a couple of other matching fine leather products from Greg Stevens Design. A 40th birthday present from the wife.

Man, this is some good looking stuff. I absolutely love 'em.

BEAUTIFUL!

Congrats, Alan Smile

May I ask what width for the strap, please?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thanks pulicords for the tip on the B&R Bands. Everything you said they were!

-iPhone 6-

Posts: 4018 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Seamaster Z06! I’m about to take my Seamaster to the local AD for a service.

For the hell of it I scooped up a sterile dial Chinese made Seamster homage off eBay. It was pretty damn inexpensive. I think it has a Seiko based movement, I haven’t taken the case back off yet. I set it two days ago and have worn it off and on and it’s currently +3 seconds. Fit and finish is NOTHING like Omega (obviously) but for the price it is an interesting watch, there are aspects that have exceeded my expectations....things they copied that I wasn’t expecting like the bi colored lume and beautiful dial.

The existence of this watch triggered the thin skinned uppity folk on the Facebook Omega page who were all but calling for me to be banned for posting a pic of an homage as well as my real Omega and daring to say I was interested in seeing for myself the areas where China succeeded and failed with their copy. How dare someone be curious to wonder how the two stack up or say there are areas where the homage punches above its price tag as well as areas where it fall short.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Any thoughts on Glycine? I know they are distributed/owned? by Invicta, but the combat model looks nice.

I've been very pleased with my Glycine Airman 46 (2002 vintage with an ETA 2893-2 mvt). Ironically I'm going to pick it up tomorrow as I've just had it serviced.

Here it is next to my other Glycine, a KMU46 (2000 vintage with a Unitas 6497 mvt), which also has been a stellar performer. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

I have to admit, for such a busy dial, it is incredibly easy to read the time. Old guy eyes easy. Using the chronograph dials... that takes me a moment or two.

I too am a fan of the Lemania 5100 chronograph movement and it's easy to read registers. Mine shown here in three Sinn and one Heuer watches.

The Elka (Edward Louis Kiek jewelers of Amsterdam) private label watch uses the earlier Lemania 1340 movement. The case is very similar to an Omega of the same mid-70s period.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

The Elka (Edward Louis Kiek jewelers of Amsterdam) private label watch uses the earlier Lemania 1340 movement. The case is very similar to an Omega of the same mid-70s period.

The Omega Speedmaster MKII, except the speedy has a hidden attachment point.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Beautiful Seamaster Z06! I’m about to take my Seamaster to the local AD for a service.

For the hell of it I scooped up a sterile dial Chinese made Seamster homage off eBay. It was pretty damn inexpensive. I think it has a Seiko based movement, I haven’t taken the case back off yet. I set it two days ago and have worn it off and on and it’s currently +3 seconds. Fit and finish is NOTHING like Omega (obviously) but for the price it is an interesting watch, there are aspects that have exceeded my expectations....things they copied that I wasn’t expecting like the bi colored lume and beautiful dial.

The existence of this watch triggered the thin skinned uppity folk on the Facebook Omega page who were all but calling for me to be banned for posting a pic of an homage as well as my real Omega and daring to say I was interested in seeing for myself the areas where China succeeded and failed with their copy. How dare someone be curious to wonder how the two stack up or say there are areas where the homage punches above its price tag as well as areas where it fall short.

I'm a member of one of those pages.
Those folks are a bit twitchy over their over priced SWATCHs.

That ALPHA Omega(see what I did there) you have has the Miyota movement in it.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:

I have to admit, for such a busy dial, it is incredibly easy to read the time. Old guy eyes easy. Using the chronograph dials... that takes me a moment or two.

I too am a fan of the Lemania 5100 chronograph movement and it's easy to read registers. Mine shown here in three Sinn and one Heuer watches.

Very handsome pieces!

In the case of the 206, it uses the Valjoux 7750 chronometer movement.

This is my first chrono. I did almost buy a Pam 72 with the El Primero 36,000 bph movement once, but it slipped through my hands.

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I bought a Chinese Venus 175.
We'll see how good/bad it is...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Any opinions on Squale watches? I am VERY tempted to pull the trigger on one like this with a Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement....which is pretty common and from what I read pretty decent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Any opinions on Squale watches?

I bought this for "Beachwatch2019". I like it very much. It's a limited edition with a spectacular palette of colors, and radiant dial texture in a grey blue hue. A little more expensive than a standard ATMOS 50, but well well worth it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: r0gue,

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Very nice Rogue! I found one like it for sale online but as much as I love the red special edition and it’s gorgeous colors I am drawn to that Squale with the blue dial/bezel combo. I’ve been seriously looking at Tudor watches along with Squale. It’s a bit of a jump in price for a Tudor Black Bay 58 with either a black or red bezel insert but that is the other watch I am considering and currently torn between. The Tudor is probably a better investment but I am quite curious about that Squale diver.

I scooped up a neat diver in the meantime. I love the logo as well as the elements it pulls from both Omega and Seiko. You can never have too many watches I suppose. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

BEAUTIFUL!

Congrats, Alan Smile

May I ask what width for the strap, please?

Thank you!

It's 22mm.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Many thanks again, Alan Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post