SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Decided to try out a BluShark Nato strap on my Tag Carrera in place of my trusty brown leather strap. I must say I'm loving the Nato strap. It'll be the perfect thing for the hot summer months.

With the Bond style Nato strap:

With the Brown leather strap:

I also have this one on the way which I think will accent the watch very nicely:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Group photo

Dusty, 2nd from the left with the orange and grey NATO. Would you tell me what make that is?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I also have this one on the way which I think will accent the watch very nicely:

The Bond NATO looks great, but the black and red one ought to be the cat's pajamas. Post a photo, will you?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

The Bond NATO looks great, but the black and red one ought to be the cat's pajamas. Post a photo, will you?

I agree. Can't wait for the black and red strap. I actually ordered that one first a full week ago last Thursday direct from the BluShark website. Taking forever to arrive. The Bond I got off amazon; it came in a day.

There'll be a photo for sure.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
OK my movement came in for the Invicta I'm restoring.
It's a 2003 Omega style case and I've never seen one like it.
I have 2 new mineral crystals on the way for it also.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/XmKTxCQxEPA

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Beautiful dial, but that Invicta logo!!

What movement did you source?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
SeaGull ST6D
It winds BOTH directions AND stem winds AND second hand hacks.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScubaSig
posted Hide Post
Today a Steinhart Ocean One Big Grin

Posts: 723 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
SeaGull ST6D
It winds BOTH directions AND stem winds AND second hand hacks.

Good Choice.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScubaSig:
Today a Steinhart Ocean One Big Grin

Nice watch. I have had two Steinharts I flipped. One I miss and the other I should be kicked for moving on.

RMD

Shaman
posted Hide Post
The Steinhart is the Rolex without the snobbery premium.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
I’ve been looking hard at the Bulova Lunar Pilot watch, the chronograph replicating the Apollo 15 watch.

...aaannd a month-and-a-half since making that post, I finally pulled the trigger on one. I got distracted by a few other models, but ultimately decided to go with my first instinct and get the one I wanted in the first place...and not get distracted by other Shiny Things.

Should be here in a week or so...as my first chrono, really looking forward to its arrival.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
The Steinhart is the Rolex without the snobbery premium.

<LIKE>

RMD

posted Hide Post
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

My new Barton Watch Band 007 NATO band on my everyday beater an Invicta Automatic Pro Diver after a nice ride on a beautiful spring day.

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:

Dusty, 2nd from the left with the orange and grey NATO. Would you tell me what make that is?

It’s a pre-Invicta Glycine Combat

And that’s a mutt named Jack

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I’ve been looking hard at the Bulova Lunar Pilot watch, the chronograph replicating the Apollo 15 watch.

...aaannd a month-and-a-half since making that post, I finally pulled the trigger on one. I got distracted by a few other models, but ultimately decided to go with my first instinct and get the one I wanted in the first place...and not get distracted by other Shiny Things.

Should be here in a week or so...as my first chrono, really looking forward to its arrival.

I like mine a lot. It’s a great everyday watch.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
OK my "new" Seiko!
According to it's serial number it's a 2010.
I adore it. It will be my everyday watch now!!
Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ScreamingCockatoo,

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing the Alpinist almost exclusively. To the point where I'm really starting to like a smaller watch. My other watches are starting to look huge.

It may be time to thin the herd.
I'm still loving this chrono to the point where I haven't worn the Bulova Lunar Pilot in a long time. I may have to sell it.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I've been wearing the Alpinist almost exclusively. To the point where I'm really starting to like a smaller watch. My other watches are starting to look huge.

It may be time to thin the herd.
I'm still loving this chrono to the point where I haven't worn the Bulova Lunar Pilot in a long time. I may have to sell it.

Well, if you end up selling that Lunar Pilot please, put it here so I could have a shot at it. Thanks!!

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
And that’s a mutt named Jack

The watch is nice but the dog trumps it

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post