SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Way nice, stickman! I'm a skinny-wrist guy, so the big Seiko divers can be a little oversized for my wrists (I like 'em anyway!), so the idea of a "thin diver" is pretty darned cool. That sand face is something I've not seen before.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've never been particularly attracted to the combo silver gold look, but this watch caught my eye the other day on Ebay and I decided to get it. I'd also been wanting a green faced watch and I've never owned a chronograph before. So I pulled the trigger. These are the sellers photos.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
vthoky, the unique 3,6,9 sand dial and old school crown logo without the stupid wings Invicta added is a limited edition/exclusive version available only at Gnomon (and of course eBay). There is an all black version, blue version and a silver/gold variant.

I can’t get over how skinny the watch is, it’s thinner than my Hamilton field watch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No experience with Glycine since the Invicta buy out. But the two pre-Invica models I have, both large at 46mm, have proved incredibly durable. Big Grin

Glycine Airman 46 (3820-18T) and Incursore KMU46 (3804-19S)

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
6Guns - the Seiko is very cool and has a Tag-esque 1980s vibe. I remember how those Tags were everywhere then.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, J. That's exactly what I thought, especially when I saw the bracelet.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I believe they call . it the "snowflake" case.
TAG certainly influenced watch styles then.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
No experience with Glycine since the Invicta buy out. But the two pre-Invica models I have, both large at 46mm, have proved incredibly durable. Big Grin

That Airman is a looker.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
That Airman is a looker.

That's what one WAF standing outside Dining Hall #1 at Lackland AFB said to her friends about me. (Of course, that was 45 years ago.) ;-)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
That Airman is a looker.

That's what one WAF standing outside Dining Hall #1 at Lackland AFB said to her friends about me. (Of course, that was 45 years ago.) ;-)

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

SAK to go with

Posts: 3999 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
You guys have to stop doing this to me.
I just bought a new Tudor back in December and looking at this thread I am getting the itch again. However it is my wife's turn Wink

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Lord Vader your watch is ready.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
A not-so-good photo of my new Polar Alpinist on an Uncle Seiko "President" bracelet. My new go-to work watch.

Posts: 11356 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Who doesn't like the Alpinists? Nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ok....I’m officially in LOVE with my Glycine Combat Subs....especially my GL 0080 black & red version on mesh. I just spent the day at a trampoline park with my son while wearing my new to me Glycine. After 2 days of activities some of which left me hurting mightily in the last 24 hrs the watch is only running +2 seconds from atomic time. Nice to know I got a VERY solid movement and exquisite bang for buck for what I paid for it!

The lume isn’t the best but everything else vastly exceeded my expectations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Similar to r0gue, I picked up a Seiko for my work watch, a PROSPEX Samurai. However, I did the opposite, I took off the bracelet and put it on a Sailcloth strap.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Those are some handsome Seikos fellas

Not as fine as those , but I am tempted by the one with the white face

https://drop.com/buy/seiko-premier-ssa-watch

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ive just about bought every Seiko that I REALLY wanted except for one. The SPB055J1 aka “the joker”. I don’t care for the purple bezel or gold crown though I do love the gold hands. Why do I want a watch that has parts and pieces I don’t like?

Because the Seiko SPB055J1 has arguably the best looking dial Seiko has ever made. Similar to the aesthetic of the Omega Seamaster dial....those fricking waves look amazing. At $1200-$1400+ and being that I’d be tempted to mod the bezel maybe I don’t need to get one. Big Grin

ibcbank com

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s a shame Seiko seems to only be offering this dial on a limited release watch.

Better pic of the waves.
other duties of a forensic anthropologist

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~