SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

That one is sharp. I've always liked the metallic blue...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decided it was time for something fresh. Nothing fancy but I sorta really started to like the look of the Seiko baby Monster. I had a Monster years ago and wasn't into automatics, but I saw this one online and figured it would do just fine.

My VSA Titanium Dive Master 500m is still my go to watch, just currently in need of a battery. I wasn't needing another true diver, so I don't worry about the 100m rating or push down crown on this one at all.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

And I've always like the lume on the Seiko line. They work well for my needs.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
just1tym is turning me on to blue!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
I saw this one online and figured it would do just fine.

Very nice!

I swear, you guys are going to have my buying a Seiko 5 shortly, one way or another.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I've been saving my pennies from extra work for this little guy. I'm a Citizen man and I've wanted this watch for a couple years. I brought it home today. Smile

Navihawk JY8035-04E. I love this timepiece.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Just putting this here as a nod to the best watch strap dude there is: Greg Stevens. This strap was custom made by Greg, so that it could be sewn onto the lugs. The strap is more than ten years old and just gets better and better Smile

Greg Stevens Design

Oh dear. I made the mistake of checking out that website, and now I absolutely need to have one of those straps for my Carrera. Bollocks. There goes $200.

Thanks, dude. Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Greg Stevens made me straps for my PAM312 and my Big Pilot.

I'm going to get either a no-date Sub or an Explorer II, and I'll have him make straps for that, too.

His stuff is awesome.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
I've been saving my pennies from extra work for this little guy. I'm a Citizen man and I've wanted this watch for a couple years. I brought it home today. Smile

Navihawk JY8035-04E. I love this timepiece.

Does it tell time? Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:

Navihawk JY8035-04E. I love this timepiece. [/url]

Does it tell time? Wink

I think so??? Haven't read the manual yet!

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updated with slightly clearer shots.

Seiko 5 Sports Auto with silver face and blue markers. Ordered online with the camo band, so I might swap it out one I decide what I want. I know this is low budget most, but I can compare it to several more expensive divers that I've had over the last few years, mostly Seiko, Citizen, Deep Blue and VSA. It seems like quite the solid watch. Has the newer 4R movement from what I understand. Able to stop the second hand when setting, and able to hand wind via the crown.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:

...I've always like the lume on the Seiko line. They work well for my needs.

Seiko has the best lume in the business. You can almost read with the light put off by my Orange Monster after a quick charge.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
quote:

...I've always like the lume on the Seiko line. They work well for my needs.

Seiko has the best lume in the business. You can almost read with the light put off by my Orange Monster after a quick charge.

I've always had a sweet spot for the blue/green aqua color with my Citizen's and my ecozilla. My VSA is no slouch either. The titanium dive master has nice lume on the bezel as well. Something about the Monster line has been quite nice too.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Just putting this here as a nod to the best watch strap dude there is: Greg Stevens. This strap was custom made by Greg, so that it could be sewn onto the lugs. The strap is more than ten years old and just gets better and better Smile

Greg Stevens Design

Oh dear. I made the mistake of checking out that website, and now I absolutely need to have one of those straps for my Carrera. Bollocks. There goes $200.

Thanks, dude. Wink

So, tell it to the Admiral's goddaughter's son Wink

Believe me, you can spend a lot more for a lot less !

You are very welcome Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very nice 46and2. I am glad he is out of the no-date version, or I would have had to talk to myself very sternly about not ordering one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
My Gen 1 RESCO Patriot Stainless Sterile from Resco Instrument

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Very nice 46and2. I am glad he is out of the no-date version, or I would have had to talk to myself very sternly about not ordering one.

Thanks. They suit me and my tastes perfectly, which was all a happy accident. I'd never heard of the originals prior to seeing the Quad 10, had no collector inclinations, never would have bought an original anyway, and these homages fit the bill perfectly.

I almost bought one of those new ones, too, but I truly have no need, and I'm still leaning toward a Sinn if I ever buy another nice watch as I've had my eye on one for a while. But they are tempting. Smile. I would have gotten a no-date, too. I like mine just fine, but it's not necessary, the date part, and it clutters up the dial a bit. I may even have my dials swapped one day for the plain ones for that reason.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Decided it was time for something fresh. Nothing fancy but I sorta really started to like the look of the Seiko baby Monster. I had a Monster years ago and wasn't into automatics, but I saw this one online and figured it would do just fine.

I'll see your lume and raise you . . .

Steinhart Triton 100.

I DO like that Seiko!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Does it tell time? Wink

I don't think I am smart enough to wear that watch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:

I'll see your lume and raise you . . .

Steinhart Triton 100.

I DO like that Seiko!

RMD

I love that Triton, just can't justify another spendy watch. It reminds me of the lume on the bezel of the titanium dive master I have. I really need to get that thing serviced so I can wear it again. That Triton wins though.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Kurtz got this new Seiko Turtle, and asked me to post the photos. Nice watch!